thinking a trip north is long over due

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
sparky
I've Got Gills

thinking a trip north is long over due

Post by sparky »

I am thinking about comeing north to get wet
Im not saying its over due or any thing but my last dive was at the winter retreat we did on the Hood Canal back in december

this is not counting the trainingI have done with the urt that dont count

so what I want to know is hows the vis been I have talked to a couple guys that dive the same spot I dive down here and I am told it is realy nasty vis to much run off to see more then a few inches

I am thinking some timearound the first or maybe the weekend after that first

I am buying a dry suit and have to waite till then to get the Scuba Credits saved back up

so I will be needing a little help with the dry suit I have never dove in one befor

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

well the vis in e.u.p., has been fairly good. the same can be said for mukilteo and keystone. about 10, 20, and at times 30 ft. so sparky is getting a dry suit huh? don't feel bad, i'm still getting familiar with mine. later bud!
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Hey there Sparky! I was told the vis a few days ago at Redondo was fantastic! Can't wait to see you! Have you decided on which drysuit you want?
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Cold_H2O
Aquaphile

Post by Cold_H2O »

I just bought a Whites Catalyst 360. I have to buy custom so I am waiting for them to make it.
Hoodsport dive is offering a great package deal on them.
Give Ron a call if your still looking for a suit.

I dove my last Whites suit for almost 8 years before it started giving me trouble.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I know what suit im getting \:D/ :wav: :smt038
Nice Diver ( jeff ) you meet hime in december one of the guys that stayed at El Dive Cassa with us has a USIA he letting me have for a realy realy Good price What a guy huh? :prayer: :supz: :partyman:

I cant waite till I pick it up from him and get to try it out
I should have it by the time I come North to dive but not sure about being able to dive it yet our deal did not include a under garment but I have my eye on a couple solutions to that on my end so lets keep our fingers crossed

I had thought about heading out to The Hood Canal but I had not seen any of the Club Members in So long I am realy missing you guys so I thinking its going to have to be me and my Homies hanging in Seattle
or atleast below it

Ill keep you posted when it gets closer to time to head that way we can decide where we want to go

I dont care just so longas there is a dive site involved

See you guys soon

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

Assuming my drysuit gets here by then, I'd be willing to join ya, if you'll have me.

Nick
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Let me know when you will be up here Sparky. Look forward to diving with you again, only this time, we'll both be dry. What was the crusher, the multiple dives at Hood Canal in the winter time?
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

divernick wrote:Assuming my drysuit gets here by then, I'd be willing to join ya, if you'll have me.

Nick
I was going to see if you and jeff ( Nice Diver ) could be talked in to a trip north you just beat me to it your always more then welcome Nick you know that Bro

maybe we could meet some place on the way up for brakefast or something we could work it out latter

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Hey Sparkster!

If you can get me some advance notice and the calendar cooperates I'll be more than happy to hook up for a dive or 3!

(Everyone lines up to dive with the Sparkmeister!)

-Tom Nic
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Tom I think I can do that I am thinking I should be able to give you like almost a weeks notice would that work for you

it sure would be grate to see you agine maybe if we are real luck We could talk keith in to joinning us and we could make some more Assman jokes :laughing3: :smt038 :smt119 :smt064

Hey Keith Love ya man cant you tell ?
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

sparky wrote:Tom I think I can do that I am thinking I should be able to give you like almost a weeks notice would that work for you

it sure would be grate to see you agine maybe if we are real luck We could talk keith in to joinning us and we could make some more Assman jokes :laughing3: :smt038 :smt119 :smt064

Hey Keith Love ya man cant you tell ?
If I'm in town, I'm in! Are you bringing Molly and any fam, or will this be solo? Again, if we're in town you're welcome to swing by our dive digs!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I'm in too Sparky! I can just hear it now... Sparky: "Assman, Assman, Assman!" :bootyshake: Keith: "Sparky, can you hand me my 'Doug'?" #-o
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

no this will be a solo trip mollie is working midnights at a local hotel here in astoria

So its just going to be me this time out maybe a dive budy or two from Oregon will join us as well

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Diver_C
Amphibian

Re: Fundies class

Post by Diver_C »

Sounder wrote:Keith: "Sparky, can you hand me my 'Doug'?"
Isn't it Parky?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I say we meet in hood canal sparky, a pre summer dive!
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I'm in if the timing works out!

That whole Job thing keeps getting in the way of my diving.

Keith.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

BASSMAN wrote:I'm in if the timing works out!

That whole Job thing keeps getting in the way of my diving.

Keith.
Then in that case you should quit cant have that
I know mine is getting to be a real pain with working saturdays and what not

but I am the one that wanted this postion So I kind of brought it on myself

If im not driving one of the mixers im in the shop or doing matinance on the Plant good news is I get hours when no one else does so I guess its a trade off

sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Old Crab
Avid Diver

Diving in a Drysuit

Post by Old Crab »

Sparky,

You will love diving in a dry suit. It does take some getting used to. Make sure that the suit isn't too loose on you when you have your undergarments on. A loose fitting suit can cause some issues with bouancy. I have two drysuits. One is a Viking rubber suit which requires a little finesse because it stretches a bit and the air moves around the suit whether you want it too or not. The other suit is a HighTide neoprene drysuit. It's great! It's a little more form fitting and as such makes for a very pleasant dive suit.

The first time you enter the water with the suit on, it's going to feel a bit strange because in a wet suit you never really experience squeeze. Just walking out in the water up to your neck you will feel a serious amount of squeeze around your feet and ankles. It won't be quite as noticable in a neoprene suit, but in a membrane suit it is quite pronounced and until you get down to depth (to put some air in the suit) and become horizontal it can be a little uncomfortable.

You'll want to go out on a few shallow dives 40 ft or less to get used to how the air moves around in the suit, as well as getting used to rolling over on your side to let the exhaust valve deflate the suit. The right amount of weight is extremely important. The affects of too little or too much weight can be a real pain in the butt. It's not quite the same issue in a wet suit. For your own safety make sure you study up on how the valves function and the proper use and adjustment of the exhaust valve. Let us all know when you coming up, if I can, I'll be there as well.

Eric
Diving and U/W Photography...what a way to view God's creation!