New baby at our house too

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

New baby at our house too

Post by Dusty2 »

No not the 2 legged type. But just as cute! We have wild bunnies in our neighborhood and this little guy came out in our back yard yesterday for the first time and I just couldn't resist!
5470net.JPG
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Re: New baby at our house too

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Dusty2 wrote: this little guy came out in our back yard yesterday for the first time and I just couldn't resist!
So how did he taste?
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Raydar
Dive-aholic

Post by Raydar »

Looks like a cat toy to me.
Purveyor of crack ;)
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

We have had a lot of rabbits around since we stopped keeping dogs. I'm always amazed at how little fear they have -- sometimes I can almost walk up to them before they move off. "Cheeky bunnies", we call them; strange behavior from a major prey species for just about everything.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Adorable!

While I think rabbits are quite tasty, they also make surprisingly good, affectionate, and very social pets (who are litter box trainable). And very cute to see in the wild, too!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:
Dusty2 wrote: this little guy came out in our back yard yesterday for the first time and I just couldn't resist!
So how did he taste?

Like Chicken...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

very cute dusty!

but isnt it a little late in the season for such a wee bunny to be newly arrived?
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Blaiz wrote:very cute dusty!

but isnt it a little late in the season for such a wee bunny to be newly arrived?
:dontknow:

You'll have to talk to mama bunny about that one. They grow pretty fast if they get past the first 2 or 3 weeks but the survival rate isn't real good. The little guys like this are very vulnerable to predation from just about everything. These are cotton tails so even the adults aren't all that big.