oahu hawaii

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

oahu hawaii

Post by spudgunman »

I am going to get stuck out in oahu on a work gig for a while and going to throw my gear in a UPS box to ship out, question is anyone on the boards in or around the area of Honolulu that can give me advice or wants to dive with a mainlander?
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Re: oahu hawaii

Post by fishb0y »

When I lived there I dove with Island Divers. If you have access to the Hickam AFB, check out Sealancers.org. It is the base dive club.
olyvtx
Dive-aholic

Post by olyvtx »

I dove with Island Divers as well, went out on a morning, then same afternoon charter with them. Would do it again, good operation...

They recently had a lost diver and there was a bunch of mud slinging going on over on scubaboard... http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accide ... awaii.html
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Post by fishb0y »

You could also try Gabe Scotti with Kaimana Divers (http://www.waikikiscuba.com/). I knew him when he worked at another shop... good guy
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

oahu hawaii

Post by Scubie Doo »

Try Dave Sanford with www.divewithdave.com. He offers personalized dive services, knows the best places/times to dive, for a great price. You won't be disappointed. PM me if you want more info.
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

Try Roger Miller at Oahu Scuba Divers or Ocean Concepts at Pearl. The latter has a program for divers to ship their gear to them and then to send it back to your home. I've used both and the mail service and was happy.
The only box you have to think outside of is the one you build around yourself.
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

thanks for the feedback guys, and if anyone reads this and happens to live there PM me
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

got a chance this weekend to go out with Gabe Scotti with Kaimana Divers (http://www.waikikiscuba.com/)
amazing diver team and it was super awesome cant say enough about how good this team was to dive with they get my recommendation!

with my limited time I dont have much of a dive window but now I need to find some time to get vacation not work trips to hawaii!

I forgot how awesome it is to dive in nothing but a pair of shorts, all the people on the boat were diving 3+ mil and Gabe had a hood on, says he even dives with a 7 mil!

at 100ft it was 80F - I was sweaty and they were shivering. Crazy! haha.

did a reef cleanup dive that was super fun, (Bob I got to practice my bag skills!) picked up a mountain of lead from fishing gear, along with more line then you can shake a fish at.

also super news that Katie got back in the water! she did awesome, and on the reef cleanup in 20-30ft I was super impressed with her buoyancy after a year out of the water! so hopefully she will be out at a club dive soon! it was awesome to get to dive with her again!

/also this can be moved to Trip/Recap area
Kelly(boy)
_____