Liquivision batteries

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Liquivision batteries

Post by trevorrowe »

I am looking for a good place to get the batteries for the liquivision xen/xeo. liquivision is pretty particular about using the ER14335M (vs the ER14335). The spec sheets on those two batteries show they are the same form-factor (2/3AA) but the M version is 1.35Ah vs 1.65Ah, but supports a higher (almost 4x) continuos current draw.

That said, the M version is a beast to find. I've found that omnicell makes a ER14335HD that has the same specs. Batteries plus in everett was able to get a matching battery by spec from a supplier. The omnicell is sold by a shady online dealer with a dubious reputation and batteries plus will take a week to special order plus a shipping surcharge (on the upside the batteries are only $7.50).

Where have you guys purchased your compatible batteries from? I have found the official liquivision ones from dive right in but I don't really want to pay $11 to ship a $10 battery.

Thoughts?
airsix
I've Got Gills

Re: Liquivision batteries

Post by airsix »

trevorrowe wrote: I don't really want to pay $11 to ship a $10 battery.

Thoughts?
Don't order them 1 at a time? :smt064
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

airsix wrote:
trevorrowe wrote: I don't really want to pay $11 to ship a $10 battery.

Thoughts?
Don't order them 1 at a time? :smt064
I've heard Sounder poops Xeo batteries :angry:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

trevorrowe wrote:
Thoughts?
Beat on your local Liquivision marketing rep until batteries fall out of him like a pinata? :stickwhack:
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

Fortunately I found out that Scott (sound aquatics) stocks them. Thanks Scott!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Liquivision batteries

Post by spatman »

Nwbrewer wrote:Beat on your local Liquivision marketing rep until batteries fall out of him like a pinata? :stickwhack:
Interested. PM sent.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Beat on your local Liquivision marketing rep until batteries fall out of him like a pinata? :stickwhack:
And in other news the next club dive will be on Oct. 31st, costumes are encouraged.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
diverden
Compulsive Diver

Post by diverden »

I feel your pain, Trevor!
IMG_20111001_183031.jpg
I get mine at Sound Aquatics too but it sure would be nice to get a deal on a 6 or 12-pack from somewhere other than via LV. Hopefully they will exist for cheap somewhere else, someday. One shouldn't consider going back to an LCD puck or *cough* Shearwater just because of battery costs.

-Dennis