NWDC Stickers - the Next Run

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Hot off the presses are some brand new, shiny dive club stickers! We ran out of the first run that Pez helped us acquire years ago. These are the same, VIP sticker quality stickers that will do well underwater.

Sorry about the couch in the background, just a quick snap with the iPhone.

I got the idea to include a location on my trip to Micronesia, where I saw dive club stickers from around the world, on dive lockers, boats, tanks and just about everywhere. Spatman and I went back and forth on what location to put on the sticker, since we know well that there are people here from Alaska to California and even a renegade Swede. "Northwest" was already on the sticker and doesn't describe which Northwest particularly well (England? Africa? Mexico?). So, we decided that since this little dive club originated in Seattle and Puget Sound we'd put that in - hopefully it doesn't offend any of you rabid Oregonians. :partyman:

I'm heading out of town to DEMA on Wednesday and so won't be around to get them out to folks probably. I think I will see Old Man Rawlings™ tomorrow and will give him a stack to spread around.

In the past we charged for em, since they aren't free to us, but this time I'm just going to give them out, since we have had some decent support from wonderful local businesses who chose to support the dive club by buying ads (thank you!). Also, it was kind of a pain to collect $1 at a time, and I'm sure that our fearless NWDC booth volunteers at the next Dive Expo will appreciate not having to chase people down who think that they're free, since they are this time.

Alright, that's my dive club duty for this week, crossed off the list. Hope you guys like the new-but-classic look.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: NWDC Stickers - the Next Run

Post by Dusty2 »

That's awesome but how do I get some????
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

I would be happy to donate to the cause for a few!
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Linedog, that's awesome. We certainly won't turn away any donations.

As far as how to get them, I think we're gonna have to do it the old fashioned way and distribute either at a club dive or just from diver to diver when we all see each other (for example, the Muk Madness crew). I'll give a bunch to Rawlings and Spatman before I leave and hopefully those two will be able to hand off to others.

Maybe an honor system whereby each person takes 2 for themselves and then gives the rest to someone who'll be diving with other NWDC divers?

Or, I could leave some at the Dive Bar at Cove 2 and tell them to only give them to people who have drunk at least 10 adult beverages or are wearing an exposure suit of some kind :) I'm mostly kidding about the last option of course.

Mailing them around to everyone will be a total PITA. So, let's reserve that for really remote members like Diver Dave.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Nice work Calvin! If we can get a bunch we can spread them around the south end.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

If you could get some to Grateful diver Bob or Tomnic that would help for the south end guys and girls.
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

How about a stack at a local dive shop and a donation box?
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

Hmmmm....how optimistic should I be? Will I return to diving cold water after this evolution? If Yes, the word Seattle doesn't bother me at all. If No, it would be a waste of stickers. I'm doing really well at rehab so I'm going to be optimistic.

Can someone get a ration to Dusty2 to put inside a package he is sending to me?

Last edited by ArcticDiver on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The only box you have to think outside of is the one you build around yourself.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I would dearly love to have one of these for my Stanley gear box, which is collecting stickers from around the world.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

I would gladly distribute the stickers to divers diving at the EUP since I live in Edmonds. Just PM me where to get the stickers and I'll gladly pick it up.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Dusty2 wrote:If you could get some to Grateful diver Bob or Tomnic that would help for the south end guys and girls.
Yea, I'd like to get a couple myself, if you get them to Bob.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

I'll hopefully be picking a bunch up from Calvin today when I pick up a lens, and then I'll pass them out to whoever I encounter!

By the way, Calvin....I notice that you have trademarked "Old Man Rawlings"....wassup with that?????
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sweet!
John Rawlings wrote:I'll hopefully be picking a bunch up from Calvin today when I pick up a lens, and then I'll pass them out to whoever I encounter!

By the way, Calvin....I notice that you have trademarked "Old Man Rawlings"....wassup with that?????

Old Man Rawlings let's go for a Muk dive sometime soon so I can get some stickers to pass to the MMM crew!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Love them!! Maybe it's time to schedule a club dive . . .
Kelly
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

ktb wrote:Love them!! Maybe it's time to schedule a club dive . . .
+1
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

Tangfish wrote:Mailing them around to everyone will be a total PITA. So, let's reserve that for really remote members like Diver Dave.
Do I qualify as remote enough to warrant mailing? LOL. Not necessary, just send some down with Kelly, Derrick, Shell and Jim in February. I will make sure that NWDC love is spread all around sunny Bonaire. :)
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Dusty or coulterboy -- if you have some, I'd like to get one the next time I see one of you. You are two of the people I'm most likely to run into in the near future, I think...
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

lizard0924 wrote:
Tangfish wrote:Mailing them around to everyone will be a total PITA. So, let's reserve that for really remote members like Diver Dave.
Do I qualify as remote enough to warrant mailing? LOL. Not necessary, just send some down with Kelly, Derrick, Shell and Jim in February. I will make sure that NWDC love is spread all around sunny Bonaire. :)
I think if you back up just a tad more then you'll qualify for the mailing distance. A few more feet backward.... just a couple more to go.... *Liz balanced precariously on the end of a Bonairian pier*

Oh yes, we can definitely get some to one of those guys to bring em down to you. John, have you gotten any stickers out yet? I've been gone what, a coupla weeks now? You're supposed to be zooming around on that sleigh of yours, going "Ho Ho Ho!" and zipping down chimneys to gobble up cookies and leave NWDC stickers..... or wait, did I confuse you with some other white-bearded old dude? :rawlings:
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

I've handed out a few, plus I gave a wad to Josh to hand out as well. I haven't run into that many divers lately!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

A bunch of NWDC folks will be at Redondo Sunday starting at 10 a.m. just in case any of you sticker elves want to stop by.
Kelly
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

eliseaboo wrote:Dusty or coulterboy -- if you have some, I'd like to get one the next time I see one of you. You are two of the people I'm most likely to run into in the near future, I think...
Elise,

I don't have any stickers on hand. Although, I volunteered to be one of the point persons to hand this out in the Edmonds area.

So, I'm throwing out this message to the peeps who have these stickers that still want them distributed. Where can I get these? :eek: I need one myself. I can even drive to you and get it.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

I have a BUNCH of them. I live near Mill Creek if anyone feels like coming by give me a PM or let me know when and where some dives in the north end are planned.

- John

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Calvin sent me a stack as well. If folks are willing to pay for postage, I can mail them out.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I got mine, thanks John!
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

spatman wrote:Calvin sent me a stack as well. If folks are willing to pay for postage, I can mail them out.
I'll cover postage... I'd like to get a few of them myself.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.