I'm back! And I'm hiring!

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
camerone
Submariner

I'm back! And I'm hiring!

Post by camerone »

Well, it's been an interesting 18 months away from the PNW, but I've come to realize that water's far more important to me than even the world's best skiing nearby... so I'm trading in Denver for a move back to Seattle this week. :joshsmith: I'm dying to get back in the water; sadly enough, I've been diving twice in the last year - once on a trip up to Seattle, and once with some local here in the dismal sinkholes of New Mexico. I'm now counting down the days until I can dig my dive gear out of the boxes, change the oil on the compressor, and rebuild the shaft seal on the scooter :supz:

I'm so insanely excited to be back in town! This dry "inland" stuff is for the birds. Seriously.

As part of my move back, and my new job, I have a bunch of open heads to fill :) (Mods feel free to delete, if you find this inappropriate, but I recall a few threads recently with folks here looking for work.) I've got about 20 open Java developer heads and a few technical QA heads to fill at all different seniority levels, to work on web services for this new venture. PM me for more information and I'll buy the coffee; it's a real cool Fortune 500 company, which you'll have heard of, but we're creating (and have funded) a pseudo-startup within the company, backed by lots of capital. Still nailing down the office lease, but we'll likely be around Pioneer Square. I convinced them that Seattle's got talent and we should open a dev office up there :)
There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots...
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: I'm back! And I'm hiring!

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome back to paradise!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

welcome back, let me know when you need a private chef :burntchef:
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

You showed up for awesome viz -- get that gear going ASAP!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

YAY!!!!!!!!!
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Welcome back!!!! :taco:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

Post by Curt McNamee »

Welcome back !!! yes, hard to beat Seattle
Curt McNamee
rEvo & KISS Classic Diver
http://www.silentscuba.com
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: I'm back! And I'm hiring!

Post by Joshua Smith »

Burntchef wrote:welcome back, let me know when you need a private chef :burntchef:

.....or a Contractor!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome back dude. Yeah, being landlocked in Colorado will do strange things to a diver, even though they claim that they have more divers than any other state (or some ridiculous thing like that). Anyway, good to have another CCR diver back in Seatown.
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

camerone wrote:... so I'm trading in Denver for a move back to Seattle this week.
Wut? Wait. You were here in [dry, dessicated, mummified, wasteland-like, most-per-capita-but-we-don't-really-dive] Colorado and we didn't go diving? Arrrgh!

Camerone, I totally know what you're feeling. I dove Aurora Reservoir yesterday and it was as exciting as asparagus ice cream.

I do Java but don't claim to be an expert. Thanks for posting.

glenn
camerone
Submariner

Post by camerone »

Yeah, I made one trip down to Perch Lake and the Blue Hole with the LDS here (Denver Divers). They're super nice folks - actually, it's a great dive shop, and they do the best that they can for what they have to work with, in regards to training... no real tech stuff, although they have a few o/c tech guys around.

Neither Blue Hole or Perch Lake should be called open water IMNSHO... they're more like "slightly deep bathtubs." :) Dragging my crud through the mud to do Aurora Reservoir was, um, out of the question... :) The only thing I did want to try out here was Jefferson Lake, out US-285, just past Kenosha Pass. Supposedly it's 200+ feet deep and fairly decent viz.

-C
There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots...
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

camerone wrote:Yeah, I made one trip down to Perch Lake and the Blue Hole with the LDS here (Denver Divers). They're super nice folks - actually, it's a great dive shop, and they do the best that they can for what they have to work with, in regards to training... no real tech stuff, although they have a few o/c tech guys around.

Neither Blue Hole or Perch Lake should be called open water IMNSHO... they're more like "slightly deep bathtubs." :) Dragging my crud through the mud to do Aurora Reservoir was, um, out of the question... :) The only thing I did want to try out here was Jefferson Lake, out US-285, just past Kenosha Pass. Supposedly it's 200+ feet deep and fairly decent viz.

-C
I just got certified this summer, but I go to Denver twice a year for work and I've always taken time to go drive about... I'd love to get my high-altitude certification and go dive up in Lake Estes or some of the high meltwater lakes in the high country. Preferably when there are people around and ice around, just so I could enjoy their expressions :popcorn:

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."