Octopus Walkabout

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
renoun
I've Got Gills

Octopus Walkabout

Post by renoun »

Posted to Boing Boing this morning. This video was taken at Fitzgerald Marine Reserve in Northern California.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjQr3lRACPI[/youtube]
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
airsix
I've Got Gills

Re: Octopus Walkabout

Post by airsix »

<sigh> I haven't posted anything much in months. I finally thought I had something but you beat me by 40 minutes. Oh well. I still celebrate cephalopod awesomeness with you. :mmmbeer:
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

airsix wrote:<sigh> I haven't posted anything much in months. I finally thought I had something but you beat me by 40 minutes. Oh well. I still celebrate cephalopod awesomeness with you. :mmmbeer:

I was going to post about how someone always manages to scoop me and beat me to the punch with cool posts, but you beat me to that, too.
uploadfromtaptalk1322001190941.jpg
So, here's a picture of my dog saying hello to a couple of goats.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
fnerg
Dive-aholic

Post by fnerg »

If you turn the sound up, you can hear the little octo yelling "WOOOOOO, I'M FREEDIVING!!" in octopus.
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

fnerg wrote:If you turn the sound up, you can hear the little octo yelling "WOOOOOO, I'M FREEDIVING!!" in octopus.
Huh, I thought I heard him hollering looking for his lost wolf-eel mount... "Heeeeeerrrrrreee Wolfie! <grumble>It's so HARD to find good minions these days!</grumble>"

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Poor little guy was trying so hard to find someplace to eat the crab he had and all those people wouldn't let him dine in peace. :angry: