Two HP80s for sale

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Two HP80s for sale

Post by CaptnJack »

2 PST HP80s for sale. With boots and convertible 200bar DIN/yoke valves.

Couple years old, still in hydro for a couple more. Current VIP, O2 cleaned and marked as such, suitable for partial pressure nitrox fills. Currently full of 32%

These tanks are a tiny bit bigger than an AL80 (3cf) and 2 lbs negative when empty, so you can take ~6lbs off your belt. Fine tanks, but I have 25 cylinders in the garage and these just aren't getting much use.

Current retail price for these is about $270 each (plus they may sock you with tax and nitrox charges!).

My price is $200 for one or both for $375. I'll give the board a week before they go to Craig's. PM me if your interested. I'm in Ballard.

Richard
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Darn it Richard, one of these would make the perfect argon travel bottle . . . we were talking about how nice it would be to have a full 80 of argon in Nanaimo this past trip . . . but Lynne will kill me if I buy another tank, she thinks I have a tank problem.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

dsteding wrote:Darn it Richard, one of these would make the perfect argon travel bottle . . . we were talking about how nice it would be to have a full 80 of argon in Nanaimo this past trip . . . but Lynne will kill me if I buy another tank, she thinks I have a tank problem.
Dude, pick up a cheapo AL80 for argon storage ... you can find them used for as little as $50.

Those tanks Richard are selling are very nice (awesome, really) for the smallish diver who doesn't want to carry around a lot of weight on their hips ... and at a great price. If I hadn't just purchased a pair of HP100's, I'd consider it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Grateful Diver wrote: Dude, pick up a cheapo AL80 for argon storage ... you can find them used for as little as $50.

Those tanks Richard are selling are very nice (awesome, really) for the smallish diver who doesn't want to carry around a lot of weight on their hips ... and at a great price. If I hadn't just purchased a pair of HP100's, I'd consider it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Good point, I could even use my current fill whip to transfer argon, just slap a yoke adaptor on it. I may have to look into that . . .

Back on topic, I agree that these are sweet tanks for smaller divers. TDL lists their specs as 28 pounds empty, and their buoyancy at -3.3 pounds empty. That is three pounds lighter than an AL 80, and you can take almost 7 pounds off of your belt . . .

Combined weight savings of 10 pounds out of the water, all for just a bit more then the price of an AL 80.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

If you want to keep a huge vat of argon around, I'd use a cheap AL80 with a yoke valve (since all your regs are DIN I think).

And I'd mark it up the wazoo as not breathable, and since you might have it on a mixed group dive boat, I'd put a padlock around the valve. Not that it would actually lock it, just to make it totally, unequivically "not right".

Thanks for checking the exact bouyancy on these tanks, I'd forgotten. They dive nice, I just definately have plenty of single tanks already.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I've got a steel LP80 I'm looking to sell/trade. I may turn my LP80 into an argon trans-fill heavily marked supply bottle too. We'll see.

Sometime soon Mrs. Sounder wants a pair of HP80s.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Sounder wrote: Sometime soon Mrs. Sounder wants a pair of HP80s.
Make Mrs. Sounder happy, surprise her . . . these are a good deal . . .

All good points on the big ole' vat of argon, Richard. I'd only use it on trips to Nanaimo, and even then, I'd probably treat it like you said, and then leave it in the car and fill argon bottles at the end of the day.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Mrs. Sounder would be :angryfire: if I spent any money on tanks right now.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

HP80s

Post by Sounder »

Hi Richard,

So I'm currently unemployed thanks to company-wide layoffs and the wife would be pissed if I spent money on tanks. I do however have a fair amount of gear I'd be willing offer depending on what you were interested in. It's all listed in the forum under "LOTS of gear for sale."

Let me know if there is anything you're particularly interested in. Funny, my wife wants the tanks but doesn't want me to buy them (or if you wanted a piece of gear worth less than the trade plus a bit of cash, that'd be fine).

-Doug
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Sounder wrote:Mrs. Sounder would be :angryfire: if I spent any money on tanks right now.
Does she realize what a good deal this is? I'll write her a memo.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Good luck! I do have gear to trade (see other thread), but no scuba units to spend right now.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Sorry, unless you have either an Xscooter or a 21W Li-ion HID with a 6+ hours burntime to trade, I need actual scuba units myself. :la:

However, I am patient and can wait a week or two before going to CL - if someone seriously wants these but can't swing it until next payday.

Richard
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Sold :supz:
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

Sounder wrote:I've got a steel LP80 I'm looking to sell/trade. I may turn my LP80 into an argon trans-fill heavily marked supply bottle too. We'll see.

Sometime soon Mrs. Sounder wants a pair of HP80s.
uh-oh. watch out. once she gets those, she'll be eyeing the HP100's. ;-)
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

She's got HP100s but they're at the upper end of what she's able to carry around... and she doesn't need 100 cu' of gas. Don't worry, we're keeping the 100s... I'll have my garage filled with tanks soon enough!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

Sounder wrote:She's got HP100s but they're at the upper end of what she's able to carry around... and she doesn't need 100 cu' of gas. Don't worry, we're keeping the 100s... I'll have my garage filled with tanks soon enough!
it's not a matter of how much gas you "need" ... it's a matter of how much longer you can dive. if she doesn't need 100, then YOU need bigger tanks. ;-) (of course, if you're diving doubles just ignore me ...)
my FLICKR photo sets
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

We're a good pair on consumption (with different tanks). It's more that she has a hard time carrying the 100s on her back. She's a rather small gal so pound-for-pound she's carrying a LOT more than I am. At the end of a 80cu' dive, she's chilly and needs to pee. We're keeping the 100s for boat diving though.
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

gotcha. i get chilly too! actually, i'm pretty much always chilly when i dive. (except when i was in cozumel, but i digress ...)

yeah; they're definitely not light - not something i want to be lugging around on land either! around here i generally use my hp80's but when my boyfriend can get his hands on a really big tank, i like to take an hp100. i don't walk very far with it on, though. i don't know what i'm going to do when i decide i want to try doubles ... ouch!
my FLICKR photo sets