TTN Last Night

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

TTN Last Night

Post by cardiver »

Six of us braved the weather last night for a couple of dives at Three Tree.
First dive was straight out and down to the bottle field and viz was easily 20-25'. We scavenged around down there for 10 minutes or so and then came back up slope to burn off a bit of deco.
Lots of critters, including the fattest lumpy I have ever seen.

Second dive was over to the junkyard, where we has a nice little ebb to push us along. Stubbies, Gunnels, Lumpsuckers and Octo's were the main attraction on this dive.
Thanks to Chris, Ellise, Mateo, Rob, and Keith for a couple of great dives!
Attachments
PC292394.JPG
PC292391.JPG
PC292382.JPG
PC292367.JPG
PC292363.JPG
PC292357.JPG
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: TTN Last Night

Post by Tom Nic »

Looks like some great, critter filled dives!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Nice pictures! :supz: I wish the Husky game hadn't been on last night, otherwise, I would have joined you.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Well last night was a great night for cold winter diving as we all braved the rain and the wind … The team plan was to take 6 divers down to the deep, and hope that we all came back , with all the wrong gear configs , and no 10 foot long hoses , back up to our backs up.. we were all brave divers .. very OW explorers.. I had no calculated my bottom time , and I didn’t care , all I wanted to do was get narked , and de stressed from the day , that was my goal .. bass man was my dive partner , but if he had an issue at depth , he would would have to use his spare air, and there wouldnt be any bail out for us both , that meant him not really having a spare air , as its a classic nwdc joke id better watch sumthn, but I don’t know what that would be ? Down .. Down I go … 50 feet.. 65 feet .. past the tires .. 70 feet .. I kicking like a mad man into the blackness , I hit 88 feet and the nark starts to happen.. Yes… Yes bring it on … at 105 feet , it feels like thick syrup flowing into my lungs .. AHHHHHH narked out of my brain .. and Im on air .. cause its good to 180 feet , or so ive been told , but I wouldn’t know cause I haven’t taken any training for this deep stuff .. Im just a diver who loves to dive , so now im at 117 feet … and its fun .. and its dark … and im looking for bottles .. OH theres one.. !!! its square and different from the rest , looks like an Ink well or sumthng? .. next thing I know because all of us are there its getting silty.. and Man its getting silty … but you know what I enjoy being silted out , its good training , not knowing where anyone is .. How can I say that ? Because Im confident in my diving abilities , so I just kicked south and found my way out of the silt cloud… where is Keith ? don’t know ? im looking for bottle , he will find me , But if he doesn’t ? I can always solo dive .. cause that’s how it goes sometimes as a diver in the PNW .. amd Im fine with it … so im enjoying my Nark and its nice .. ive now got tunnel vision and ive reached 15 mins of Deco .. So me and keith decide its time to head up , as we head up we found some huge Giant round metal thing , that was really cool and Metal .. found some ratfish , and I managed to open flutter kick in my awesome Sling shot fins that have turbo power when needed…. I saw some nudi,s .. sailfin sculpin… bullheads.. funky white spiny schrimp thing.. between the 2 dive I found 6 lumpies… 3 small red octo’s and the grand prize was me filming a stubby squid.. I also filmed the thing Jan has been finding on the fingers..
So I learned that I can dive … I love to dive … I can frog kick if need be , or I can silt the place out .. cause im fine with that … I can dive deep , on air … and Im fine with that … I enjoy all aspect of diving , New divers , or old divers… and Im fine with that … But what I enjoy the most is good company , good diving , and good friends…. And Im fine with that
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Ron.jpg
kieth.jpg
elise.jpg
grunt 2.JPG
Nudi.jpg
nudi 2.jpg
Last edited by H20doctor on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

H20doctor wrote:Well last night was a great night for cold winter diving as we all braved the rain and the wind … The team plan was to take 6 divers down to the deep, and hope that we all came back , with all the wrong gear configs , and no 10 foot long hoses , back up to our backs up.. we were all brave divers .. very OW explorers.. I had no calculated my bottom time , and I didn’t care , all I wanted to do was get narked , and de stressed from the day , that was my goal .. bass man was my dive partner , but if he had an issue at depth , he would would have to use his spare air, and there wouldnt be any bail out for us both , that meant him not really having a spare air , as its a classic nwdc joke id better watch sumthn, but I don’t know what that would be ? Down .. Down I go … 50 feet.. 65 feet .. past the tires .. 70 feet .. I kicking like a mad man into the blackness , I hit 88 feet and the nark starts to happen.. Yes… Yes bring it on … at 105 feet , it feels like thick syrup flowing into my lungs .. AHHHHHH narked out of my brain .. and Im on air .. cause its good to 180 feet , or so ive been told , but I wouldn’t know cause I haven’t taken any training for this deep stuff .. Im just a diver who loves to dive , so now im at 117 feet … and its fun .. and its dark … and im looking for bottles .. OH theres one.. !!! its square and different from the rest , looks like an Ink well or sumthng? .. next thing I know because all of us are there its getting silty.. and Man its getting silty … but you know what I enjoy being silted out , its good training , not knowing where anyone is .. How can I say that ? Because Im confident in my diving abilities , so I just kicked south and found my way out of the silt cloud… where is Keith ? don’t know ? im looking for bottle , he will find me , But if he doesn’t ? I can always solo dive .. cause that’s how it goes sometimes as a diver in the PNW .. amd Im fine with it … so im enjoying my Nark and its nice .. ive now got tunnel vision and ive reached 15 mins of Deco .. So me and keith decide its time to head up , as we head up we found some huge Giant round metal thing , that was really cool and Metal .. found some ratfish , and I managed to open flutter kick in my awesome Sling shot fins that have turbo power when needed…. I saw some nudi,s .. sailfin sculpin… bullheads.. funky white spiny schrimp thing.. between the 2 dive I found 6 lumpies… 3 small red octo’s and the grand prize was me filming a stubby squid.. I also filmed the thing Jan has been finding on the fingers..
So I learned that I can dive … I love to dive … I can frog kick if need be , or I can silt the place out .. cause im fine with that … I can dive deep , on air … and Im fine with that … I enjoy all aspect of diving , New divers , or old divers… and Im fine with that … But what I enjoy the most is good company , good diving , and good friends…. And Im fine with that
It was good to see you, Chris. I really enjoyed watching you hover motionless on the bottom while doing yoga and back flips at the same time........
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

lettuce.jpg
stubby 2.jpg
stubby 1.jpg
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

cardiver wrote:
H20doctor wrote:Well last night was a great night for cold winter diving as we all braved the rain and the wind … The team plan was to take 6 divers down to the deep, and hope that we all came back , with all the wrong gear configs , and no 10 foot long hoses , back up to our backs up.. we were all brave divers .. very OW explorers.. I had no calculated my bottom time , and I didn’t care , all I wanted to do was get narked , and de stressed from the day , that was my goal .. bass man was my dive partner , but if he had an issue at depth , he would would have to use his spare air, and there wouldnt be any bail out for us both , that meant him not really having a spare air , as its a classic nwdc joke id better watch sumthn, but I don’t know what that would be ? Down .. Down I go … 50 feet.. 65 feet .. past the tires .. 70 feet .. I kicking like a mad man into the blackness , I hit 88 feet and the nark starts to happen.. Yes… Yes bring it on … at 105 feet , it feels like thick syrup flowing into my lungs .. AHHHHHH narked out of my brain .. and Im on air .. cause its good to 180 feet , or so ive been told , but I wouldn’t know cause I haven’t taken any training for this deep stuff .. Im just a diver who loves to dive , so now im at 117 feet … and its fun .. and its dark … and im looking for bottles .. OH theres one.. !!! its square and different from the rest , looks like an Ink well or sumthng? .. next thing I know because all of us are there its getting silty.. and Man its getting silty … but you know what I enjoy being silted out , its good training , not knowing where anyone is .. How can I say that ? Because Im confident in my diving abilities , so I just kicked south and found my way out of the silt cloud… where is Keith ? don’t know ? im looking for bottle , he will find me , But if he doesn’t ? I can always solo dive .. cause that’s how it goes sometimes as a diver in the PNW .. amd Im fine with it … so im enjoying my Nark and its nice .. ive now got tunnel vision and ive reached 15 mins of Deco .. So me and keith decide its time to head up , as we head up we found some huge Giant round metal thing , that was really cool and Metal .. found some ratfish , and I managed to open flutter kick in my awesome Sling shot fins that have turbo power when needed…. I saw some nudi,s .. sailfin sculpin… bullheads.. funky white spiny schrimp thing.. between the 2 dive I found 6 lumpies… 3 small red octo’s and the grand prize was me filming a stubby squid.. I also filmed the thing Jan has been finding on the fingers..
It was good to see you, Chris. I really enjoyed watching you hover motionless on the bottom while doing yoga and back flips at the same time........
i enjoyed the split fins .. and air 2,s ... Oh and the Bc,s with ankle weights
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Hey Chris, they are called " Horned Shrimp"
http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php ... mp#p193077
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

yes ... those were cool buggers .. we saw 2 of them ..
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Yer a goof!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Rob3
Avid Diver

Post by Rob3 »

Hey don't make fun of my split fins. I only attached them to my BC incase my F1s failed during the dive. I always heard that I needed to have back ups incase my primary failed. And who said the ziplock bag around a disposable camera doesn't work as a scuba camera. Here are my first attempts at photos.
Attachments
This is a little known type of salmon larvae
This is a little known type of salmon larvae
This I do believe is a rare type of escargot
This I do believe is a rare type of escargot
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

The lumpy pic is excellent!
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
Ranbal
Just Settling In

Post by Ranbal »

Now that was entertaining. Thank you. No, really, I mean it. Sounds just like a typical dive profile of mine 18 years ago. Ahh, the good ol' days.
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

I appreciate you shooting my good side in that photo Chris...really brings out the, uh...orange in the whistle?

I didn't get too many good photos. The first dive I was terribly narc'd, and it turns out that the photos I took weren't as good as I thought they were when I shot them :uh: I'm sure it was just the camera...then I was low on battery the second dive, so I didn't take too many. Ron I am beyond jealous of your strobes. Well, maybe not when you have to carry that big ol' rig into the water, but the photos are fantastic!!

I saw a nice little square bottle too, but then I thought of what I could possibly do with it, and how I'd have to pack it up wherever I moved to next, and also carry it around with me...this is what moving every few months has done to me!

Thanks for diving with me, gang. I was afraid it would be nearly a month between dives for me -- I sure didn't want to take a refresher course before I went to San Francisco :neener:
This was going to be my "best ever" shot when I was at 115fsw.
This was going to be my "best ever" shot when I was at 115fsw.
Lumpie!
Lumpie!
I call this shot "When Canlights Go Bad"
I call this shot "When Canlights Go Bad"
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Post by gutholmj »

Lots for wonderful photos.

Ron, I love the way the fish in the background on the Gunnel photo blends right into the substrate.
"Well as much as this pains me I am gonna have to pull out" - pogiguy05
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

gutholmj wrote:Lots for wonderful photos.

Ron, I love the way the fish in the background on the Gunnel photo blends right into the substrate.
I didn't even notice it until I downloaded my pics.
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Too bad I missed it last night. Great dive for you guys. I know I missed a good dive when I know all of you and I've dived with all of you and I know each and everyone's personalities. A very good mix of divers. Cool pics guys.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

coulterboy wrote:Too bad I missed it last night. Great dive for you guys. I know I missed a good dive when I know all of you and I've dived with all of you and I know each and everyone's personalities. A very good mix of divers. Cool pics guys.
The only problem with diving with a group of people that you like is getting everyone IN the water......
We didn't get out of there until almost midnight! :partyman:
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

cardiver wrote:
coulterboy wrote:Too bad I missed it last night. Great dive for you guys. I know I missed a good dive when I know all of you and I've dived with all of you and I know each and everyone's personalities. A very good mix of divers. Cool pics guys.
The only problem with diving with a group of people that you like is getting everyone IN the water......
Hahaha! That is so true. So, for the record, who was the "slow poke" last night? :stir:
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

coulterboy wrote:
cardiver wrote:
Hahaha! That is so true. So, for the record, who was the "slow poke" last night? :stir:
Honestly, no one was slow we just spent a lot of time talking about "current events" on the board and having a good laugh!
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Um.. The people eating cookies... Thats who
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

H20doctor wrote:Um.. The people eating cookies... Thats who
Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look to good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

For the record, "I was Narked out of my mind, on the first dive!" I don't usually get narked at this site, but we went down prety fast after wqe dropped and It was not a bad narc,It was the euphoric kind, wher I told myself,"Hey this feel's great?"
<Look at my computer> "I could just live right here for the rest of the dive"<Look at my computer again> "Well at least for the next 12 minutes!" It felt sooooooo Good! :supz: :partydance:
Here are a few pics I took from the dives!
A large Snail fish in a Shell!
A large Snail fish in a Shell!
H20 Docs date for Dive #1
H20 Docs date for Dive #1
H20 Docs date on dive #2
H20 Docs date on dive #2
Mr Crab catching a ride on H20docs tank!
Mr Crab catching a ride on H20docs tank!
Several pics of the multiple Lumpies were shot!
Several pics of the multiple Lumpies were shot!
One of my personal favorites!
One of my personal favorites!
And this guy was swimming all over at a bout 15 feet! My first guess is, it's a Snail Fish, correct?
And this guy was swimming all over at a bout 15 feet! My first guess is, it's a Snail Fish, correct?
A True North Pacific Cod Fish! See the 3 dorsal fins?
A True North Pacific Cod Fish! See the 3 dorsal fins?
What kind of shrimp is this? it was about 1/2 &quot; long
What kind of shrimp is this? it was about 1/2 " long
It was great to meet and dive with Mateo1147!
Rob? Nice pictures! =D>
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

cardiver wrote:
H20doctor wrote:Um.. The people eating cookies... Thats who
Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!
I just may have to rearrange my sig lines.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver