Reasons for Learning technical diving and Paths to the goal

General topics about technical diving.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Reasons for Learning technical diving and Paths to the goal

Post by LCF »

I howled myself silly when I heard the story about Danny Riordan, who is one of GUE's cave instructors (and a darned good one, at that) being forced to go down and demonstrate fin pivots to an Australian DM before he would be allowed to dive Nitrox. Apparently, he made a bunch of phone calls and nothing availed, and he had to go down and do them. That video would make great blackmail material, I think. (If you know Danny, you can imagine his Latin temperament not doing well with this whole affair!)

Peter tried to get Nitrox with a NAUI Helitrox card in Hawaii once. He ran into all kinds of trouble. We make sure to carry our Nitrox cards these days.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Re: Reasons for Learning technical diving and Paths to the g

Post by SeanKylgod »

I laughed so hard that I drooled tea on myself. Thanks for my new tagline =P
Joshua Smith wrote:
Peter Guy wrote:Reasons for Learning technical diving -- Does trying to maintain household harmony count?
But I know that you and Lynne are an exception to the rule. I took OW with my beloved wife, who quit halfway through the dives. It wasn't something she wanted to do; which I respect as much as she respects my obsession with diving, She got into yoga. I bought her a mat to do yoga on. It worked out pretty well, as far as I'm concerned.