Surf/Dive Trip...

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
ZachSD
Avid Diver

Surf/Dive Trip...

Post by ZachSD »

Hey whats up guys,
I was wondering if you know any good dive spots on the coast next to any surf... Maybe a good protected jetty wall or something so I can get some slamin waves and at least 5 feet viz... If anyone does lets take a ride to the coast, I have a whole quiver of boards so you can always use mine if needed!
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Re: Surf/Dive Trip...

Post by SeanKylgod »

I can think of a couple of spots down in westport that would have decent break and maybe a few feet of vis.. haha. also there is always Lapush for surfing and if you're a strong swimmer, some pretty awesome walls out there as well. I surfed there last summer and it was almost completely flat, but right about now should be decent.
ZachSD wrote:Hey whats up guys,
I was wondering if you know any good dive spots on the coast next to any surf... Maybe a good protected jetty wall or something so I can get some slamin waves and at least 5 feet viz... If anyone does lets take a ride to the coast, I have a whole quiver of boards so you can always use mine if needed!
ZachSD
Avid Diver

Post by ZachSD »

Ya I was thinking the jetty in westport would be good to dive, ever dove it? Last time I was at La Push it was also mush so I tried to get a little freediving in but the viz was maybe a foot.
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Post by SeanKylgod »

I've yet to dive the jetty in WP, I never had any inclination to.. haha
ZachSD wrote:Ya I was thinking the jetty in westport would be good to dive, ever dove it? Last time I was at La Push it was also mush so I tried to get a little freediving in but the viz was maybe a foot.
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

If you figure this out let me know cuz i really have been wanting to learn to suref for about 20 years lol... :spatman:
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
-Confucius
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Most good diving isn't really close to the good surf in Washington. And, when the good surf spots are working, you wouldn't want to be diving there.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

dsteding wrote:...And, when the good surf spots are working, you wouldn't want to be diving there.
*pffffttt*

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-naWebSP3s[/youtube]
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Post by SeanKylgod »

mz53480 wrote:
dsteding wrote:...And, when the good surf spots are working, you wouldn't want to be diving there.
*pffffttt*

+1
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

mz53480 wrote:
*pffffttt*

Tropical destinations don't count. Most of the real good surf spots in Washington maybe have 2 inches of vis when things are working good. And, although there are good surf spots near good dive spots in this state, the seasons are totally different.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

dsteding wrote:
mz53480 wrote:
*pffffttt*
[youtube]http://www..../youtube]
Tropical destinations don't count. Most of the real good surf spots in Washington maybe have 2 inches of vis when things are working good. And, although there are good surf spots near good dive spots in this state, the seasons are totally different.
:)
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
ZachSD
Avid Diver

Post by ZachSD »

Well looks like i'll just be riding but i'm cool with that... Still getting used to WA...
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

dsteding wrote: Tropical destinations don't count. Most of the real good surf spots in Washington maybe have 2 inches of vis when things are working good. And, although there are good surf spots near good dive spots in this state, the seasons are totally different.
Listen to the man, he knows of what he speaks... :)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I got sea sick watching that video.. How about you MZ ?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

H20doctor wrote:I got sea sick watching that video.. How about you MZ ?
There was no boat involved, so I'm ok.
:supz:
Check out the VIDEOS!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Surf/Dive Trip...

Post by Scubie Doo »

That looks like a blast! But I agree, there is no way you could pull that off in the PNW. I bet you are from La Jolla where you can easily dive and surf in the same day :)

As far as surfing, I go about 2 times per month in the summer and shoot for 1 time per month in the winter. The summer is nice because the rental shops are open a lot and it's only 35 for board and suits. In the winter shops are hit and miss, so of you don't have your own gear, you could be hosed. Last month I shot down to Cannon Beach Oregon and the surf there was fantastic!

Anyway, I am heading to Kona wednesday so my next trip to Westport will be early February. You are more than welcome to join us out there! Just PM me if you are interested and I will take you surfing PNW style :)
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

Umm that by far looks waaayyyyyyy to fun!
mz53480 wrote:
*pffffttt*

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
-Confucius
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

Let me know for sure bro, sounds like a plan!
Scubie Doo wrote:That looks like a blast! But I agree, there is no way you could pull that off in the PNW. I bet you are from La Jolla where you can easily dive and surf in the same day :)

As far as surfing, I go about 2 times per month in the summer and shoot for 1 time per month in the winter. The summer is nice because the rental shops are open a lot and it's only 35 for board and suits. In the winter shops are hit and miss, so of you don't have your own gear, you could be hosed. Last month I shot down to Cannon Beach Oregon and the surf there was fantastic!

Anyway, I am heading to Kona wednesday so my next trip to Westport will be early February. You are more than welcome to join us out there! Just PM me if you are interested and I will take you surfing PNW style :)
-Confucius
fuzzydoodle
Frequent Bubbler

Post by fuzzydoodle »

I'm from Westport and go often to visit and surf, the cove in Westport is hit or miss and usually overcrowded.
We usually hit wash a way or north cove area, always quiet and nice right hand breaks are always peeling off down there.

As far as diving, what about the docks? Probably tons of crap to find down there. Ha ha
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Post by SeanKylgod »

Yeah maybe... I'm guessing one would probably find an abundance of heroin needles and murder weapons under the docks haha
fuzzydoodle wrote:I'm from Westport and go often to visit and surf, the cove in Westport is hit or miss and usually overcrowded.
We usually hit wash a way or north cove area, always quiet and nice right hand breaks are always peeling off down there.

As far as diving, what about the docks? Probably tons of crap to find down there. Ha ha
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So true...

SeanKylgod wrote:Yeah maybe... I'm guessing one would probably find an abundance of heroin needles and murder weapons under the docks haha
fuzzydoodle wrote:I'm from Westport and go often to visit and surf, the cove in Westport is hit or miss and usually overcrowded.

-Confucius
fuzzydoodle
Frequent Bubbler

Post by fuzzydoodle »

The worst part about it is you're probably right, aside from the meth pipes and abortions that's really all Westport has to offer.
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

Dude my pops lived in that town for a couple years above PJs Pies across from the Light House, that place is a hazard for people with addictive personalities haha... <--- Says the guy with the two liter mug of german beer in his avatar haha... :nutty:
fuzzydoodle wrote:The worst part about it is you're probably right, aside from the meth pipes and abortions that's really all Westport has to offer.
-Confucius
ZachSD
Avid Diver

Post by ZachSD »

Ya i'll just be sticking to the surf and maybe a dive... but what is with WA coastal towns?
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

Dude small towns have so little to do that the people there find themselves looking for something... anything... no matter how wack to do... Thats why they always have lots of drug use, alcoholism, and teen pregnacy... Plus the smaller towns law enforcement is usually lacking thats why meth cooks head out that way to cook up and sell there product, less cops and less nosy neighbors at farther distances then in the city!
ZachSD wrote:Ya i'll just be sticking to the surf and maybe a dive... but what is with WA coastal towns?
-Confucius
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Surf/Dive Trip...

Post by Scubie Doo »

Fuzzy, where is wash away and north cove? I have only surfed the jetty. I am heading out to surf with my boys on Saturday.