Late notice -- Mukilteo in the Morning? (Friday)

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
scubajen
Avid Diver

Late notice -- Mukilteo in the Morning? (Friday)

Post by scubajen »

I'm brand new on this forum, but far from a new diver. I'm wondering if anyone would be up for a dive tomorrow morning at the T-dock? I was there Sunday and saw the very large octo sitting out in the open at about 110'. My camera would not cooperate, so of course I'd like to go back and try again. I know the odds are about zilch it'd be there again posing so perfectly, but I'd like to get out anyway.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Late notice -- Mukilteo in the Morning? (Friday)

Post by Norris »

scubajen wrote:I'm brand new on this forum, but far from a new diver. I'm wondering if anyone would be up for a dive tomorrow morning at the T-dock? I was there Sunday and saw the very large octo sitting out in the open at about 110'. My camera would not cooperate, so of course I'd like to go back and try again. I know the odds are about zilch it'd be there again posing so perfectly, but I'd like to get out anyway.
Scubajen you would be surprised then. That guy has been there on the outside of that boat for weeks now just chilling. So I would say the chances of you seeing him again will be GREAT! I would join you but wouldnt you know it they want me here at work.

I dived there Monday and hit the geodome, descended down to about 100' where that line is, took a left and this will get you right back to the boat. I dont know if you knew exactly how to get there again so I wanted to post what I learned. But rest assured that is the octos chosen home.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
scubajen
Avid Diver

Post by scubajen »

Thanks, Norris -- that is great to hear! Thanks for the info.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

scubajen wrote:Thanks, Norris -- that is great to hear! Thanks for the info.
I can't do the morning but I could do about 2:30...
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
scubajen
Avid Diver

Post by scubajen »

Shoot, I can't make that time. I can actually dive Sunday morning also. Maybe that'd work better for folks.
MorningDiverBob
Dive-aholic

Post by MorningDiverBob »

scubajen wrote:I'm brand new on this forum, but far from a new diver. I'm wondering if anyone would be up for a dive tomorrow morning at the T-dock? I was there Sunday and saw the very large octo sitting out in the open at about 110'. My camera would not cooperate, so of course I'd like to go back and try again. I know the odds are about zilch it'd be there again posing so perfectly, but I'd like to get out anyway.
A dive buddy and I are going T-Dock tomorrow morning Friday and meet around 7:30am. Welcome to join with us. If too early, We go second dive around 10:00am. Let me know if you want.
Go Dive and Dive Safe
Ranbal
Just Settling In

Post by Ranbal »

Pretty much a guarantee that octozilla is lurking around the boat though I have video of him out in the open at 35fsw, geodome, and of course the boat. I love that he is hanging around and approachable. Have fun. We will be there Sunday for a couple of dives starting around 10am.

Not home - sent from mobile.
scubajen
Avid Diver

Post by scubajen »

MorningDiverBob wrote:A dive buddy and I are going T-Dock tomorrow morning Friday and meet around 7:30am. Welcome to join with us. If too early, We go second dive around 10:00am. Let me know if you want.
Bob -- I gave up last night that anyone else would reply, so I didn't see your reply till just now. So sorry I did not see your reply earlier. 7:30 would have been perfect.

7:30 or 8 would be ideal for a Sunday dive if you or anyone else is going at that early hour. Ranbal - 10 seems late, but if I can't find any earlier takers, I will join you if you don't mind.
MorningDiverBob
Dive-aholic

Post by MorningDiverBob »

scubajen wrote:
MorningDiverBob wrote:A dive buddy and I are going T-Dock tomorrow morning Friday and meet around 7:30am. Welcome to join with us. If too early, We go second dive around 10:00am. Let me know if you want.
Bob -- I gave up last night that anyone else would reply, so I didn't see your reply till just now. So sorry I did not see your reply earlier. 7:30 would have been perfect.
That's ok. We went this morning and Oct still there. Hope you have a good time dive with any buddy this weekend.
Go Dive and Dive Safe