Got the Magnus, time to sell the Sierra

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

I figured I would support the local economy and recently bought the SS Magnus. That being said, I am looking to sell my Dive X Sierra.

Comes with all pictured, battery, spares kit, and charger. The battery gives me between 6- 70 minutes of trigger time in 1st gear.

Scooter shows usual marks from normal use, but runs like a champ, has never been flooded and ALWAYS fresh water rinsed after use.

$1800 and I will cover the shipping to get it to you... provided you are in the states.
Attachments
Tail inside.jpg
Tail inside.jpg (5.96 KiB) Viewed 2154 times
Spares Kit.JPG
Prop.JPG
Nose.jpg
Nose.jpg (4.97 KiB) Viewed 2154 times
Motor.JPG
Charger.JPG
Battery.JPG
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Re: Got the Magnus, time to sell the Sierra

Post by mz53480 »

*drool*.....
What combination of dungeness crab, razor clams and scallops would you take in trade instead?

BTW-- I can vouch for this scooter. I think it pulled me around yonder FL waters for a few days.
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

Has it been freshly beach tumbled? :stir:
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Curious to hear how you like the Magnus! Howard (burntchef) owns one up here. He loves his.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

selkie wrote:Has it been freshly beach tumbled? :stir:
looks like it, it used to have teeth
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Awesome deal! drool :crybaby:
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

Yes, she was beach tumbled, but those of you who won/ride one know they can take a whole lot more beating than that.

Would need about $1800 worth of seafood to make me trade. :-)

The Magnus is all it is cracked up to be. I was a little concerned at first as they do not sell a bottom timer and compass mount, but a little modification to the one I have and it's mounted right back on the handle.

I was also apprehansive about the motorcycle style trigger mechanism. Wasn't sure I'd like it, but after diving it for 2 weeks now, can't say I would want to switch to anything else. It fits right into the groove of the index finger and thumb perfectly.

Having never ridden a Dive X Cuda Fury, I can't compare, but there is no comparision between this and a NiMh battery. Of course the cost is not comparable either, lol.

Anchored wreck dives that used to trouble me do so no longer. Hop over, shift her into third gear, cover the backup reg to prevent free flow andf boogie right down the line.

I am pretty sure you can charge the Cuda with the battery in the unit. the Magnus is designed all you have to do is pop the cover and charge away. A BIG PLUS over the NIMH batteries that have to be removed.

Trim adjustment is also EASY. The battery is mounted on rods. So after the weighting is correct, simply move the battery forward or backward on the threaded rod to trim.

I also love the fact that the cover is made of Derlin, or whatever. It can get a scratch and still stay black instead of turning metal colored.

They are a bit cheaper than the Dive X Super Cuda... but you do not get a travel case or spares kit with it. not sure if that equals it out in the end or not.

3-4 tank days that used to require me to bring both batteries... no longer. I can do them all and still have power left over at the end of the day.
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

CaptnJack wrote:
selkie wrote:Has it been freshly beach tumbled? :stir:
looks like it, it used to have teeth
The stickers had seen their better days. Finally removed them.
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Chad grab these for your bailout bottles to keep them from free flowing.

http://www.piranhadivemfg.com/item/Regu ... -short-574
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
raptor
Dive-aholic

Post by raptor »

You have to pull the batt on the Cuba to charge it. Power cable is on the motor side charge cable on the other.
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

raptor wrote:You have to pull the batt on the Cuba to charge it. Power cable is on the motor side charge cable on the other.
Maybe it's just me, but I would always fight with the battery tangs to either get the battery in or out. I always kept the sealing O ring lubricated also.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

pensacoladiver wrote:
raptor wrote:You have to pull the batt on the Cuba to charge it. Power cable is on the motor side charge cable on the other.
Maybe it's just me, but I would always fight with the battery tangs to either get the battery in or out. I always kept the sealing O ring lubricated also.
They have a fitness requirement in the army, you'd think they'd have one in the navy too? :boxer:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Post by kitsapdiver »

CaptnJack, BDub, ledevore, and Raptor, will all be happy to know I plan on Pay Palling PensacolaDiver this evening, and picking this scooter up for this Mug. (I would say the same goes for April, and Joe, but I haven't seen them in a while, even on the board, maybe there is something I dont' know)!

No longer will I be trying to Con you into letting me try out your significant others scooters or hitching rides behind you.

I feel like Pinochio "I just wanna be a real boy!"
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Awww she's coming back to the PNW :luv:
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

CaptnJack wrote:
pensacoladiver wrote:
They have a fitness requirement in the army, you'd think they'd have one in the navy too? :boxer:

Probably another PFT waiver. I've heard you can get one of those once you're over 70 and a CWO.
:)
:salute:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

CaptnJack wrote:
pensacoladiver wrote:
I can hold my own. And muscle has nothing to do with it. It's all technique, which I am apparently lacking from time to time. :pirate:
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

mz53480 wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
pensacoladiver wrote:

Probably another PFT waiver. I've heard you can get one of those once you're over 70 and a CWO.
:)
:salute:

Haha. FYI, 24 years worth of PFT's and have not had a waiver yet. Let me find some wood to knock on. Still got 29 years left before I hit 70, but I'll have to look into that waiver for the CWO's.

I suppose I could tell a sea story about how a PNW buddy of mine came down here and sucked through a HP130 like it was an AL19... this was while being towed by the scooter!!! :smt064
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

CaptnJack wrote:Awww she's coming back to the PNW :luv:

Who would have thought. I have had it for sale on Scooba Bored and other websites for quite a while. Chris asks me the other day "Why don't you post it on NWDC"?

2 days later, its almost sold. I guess there is something to be said for selling a local product in the local area.

Never did take a marketing class in school.
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Wish I were faster. Sent you the email this morning after hemming and hawing over it.

D
raptor
Dive-aholic

Post by raptor »

Nice let me know when you want to take if for a spin.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

pensacoladiver wrote:...I suppose I could tell a sea story about how a PNW buddy of mine came down here and sucked through a HP130 like it was an AL19... this was while being towed by the scooter!!! :smt064
...not to mention that the wetsuit which was supplied to said diver was originally made for Calista Flockhart.....
Check out the VIDEOS!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I told you it would sell..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
diverden
Compulsive Diver

Post by diverden »

The DSS Lithium battery for the Cuda (Fury) only has one connector so you don't have to pull the battery to charge. It's quite nice.
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Post by kitsapdiver »

Money Sent!

Sorry Bish- You have to get one soon though I'm gonna need scooter buddies (since they are so hard to find in the PNW and all).
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

kitsapdiver wrote:CaptnJack, BDub, ledevore, and Raptor, will all be happy to know I plan on Pay Palling PensacolaDiver this evening, and picking this scooter up for this Mug. (I would say the same goes for April, and Joe, but I haven't seen them in a while, even on the board, maybe there is something I dont' know)!

No longer will I be trying to Con you into letting me try out your significant others scooters or hitching rides behind you.

I feel like Pinochio "I just wanna be a real boy!"
Finally!

Congrats, dude. That's awesome!
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding