Tanks tanks tanks!

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
mancub
Dive-aholic

Tanks tanks tanks!

Post by mancub »

Hello everyone

Haven't been around these parts for a while... Some good dive buddies of mine are lightening their dive gear garage pile. Slowly becoming "warm" water divers :(. I offered to post their tanks up here and see if anyone is interested in them. It is my understanding the hydro's are current but some VIPs are likely needed.

1x HP100 (XS scuba X7100) original nitrox cleaned, $285
1x steel 100 (more of a midpressure) nitrox cleaned $230
2x steel mid pressure 80s (these are the ones UWSports sold multiple years ago, working pressure is around 2750 if I remember right. I have seen a few people double them up before. In fact, my old pair of them were sold to someone looking to double them. The diameter is similar, if not the same as a HP100). $185ea, both for $320.
1x HP119 (xs scuba, this is the fatter type) nitrox cleaned, $325
2x 19cu ft pony bottle rigs. One has a Mares Rebel regulator, peanut gauge, and quick draw pony bracket (popular one with 2 pins), $300. The other is a Mk2 R295 Scubapro regulator-under warranty; part for life, has a peanut gauge and northern diver bracket, $375. These two pony rigs have been used very little.
All of these tanks are set up as yoke right now, I believe the XS scuba ones have the little plug you can unscrew to make it DIN...I'd have to double check.

Also, I have a well-used DIN 19cu ft pony bottle with quick draw pony bracket, and 1st stage only I'd let go of cheap. I posted it earlier but disappeared from the internet...sorry, I am gonna watch this like a hawk this time around.

Again, I'm doing this for a friend so I don't have pictures right now. Please feel free to ask any questions and I can get you in contact with them, or be the "middle-man" haha kinda fun (they just don't have a profile on here). I have personally dove these tanks, and can attest to their good condition.

Thanks for looking!
Jacob
PS if no takers here...going straight to CL/ebay/interwebs/guy on the corner...ie reasonable offers welcomed
archaeofish
Aquaphile

Re: Tanks tanks tanks!

Post by archaeofish »

PM Sent
While it's generally acknowledged that wetsuit divers are a shade or two crazier than the rest of us, we're all special idiots for voluntarily diving in dark, cold, water! - scottsax
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

HP100 sold pending transaction
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

HP100 and HP119 both no longer available.

Thanks for looking :)
smcarlton
Getting To Know Folks

Post by smcarlton »

Are the two lp80 still available? Are they yoke? do you or the owners ever have reason to travel to bend or Portland?
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

smcarlton wrote:Are the two lp80 still available? Are they yoke? do you or the owners ever have reason to travel to bend or Portland?
If Jacob or his friend can get the tanks to the club dive at Redondo on the 19th, I can transport them back to Portland for you.
smcarlton
Getting To Know Folks

Post by smcarlton »

More questions, could you give me the date of the first hydro and the last, thanks. steve
mancub
Dive-aholic

Tanks tanks tanks!

Post by mancub »

smcarlton

Sorry for the delay. Yes the 80s are still available. They are yoke and I will check hydro tonight. Didn't realize the club dive Sunday, but I could definitely be convinced for that :). Redondo is still on my list to do.

I'll get back tonight ASAP and I can snap some pictures too.

Thanks for looking
Jacob
mancub
Dive-aholic

Tanks tanks tanks!

Post by mancub »

It appears the first hydro was '04 and the most recent '09. Here are some pictures. Let me know if you want more pictures or info.

Thanks for looking
Jacob
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329456135.764291.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329456135.764291.jpg (22.89 KiB) Viewed 2322 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329456120.445766.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329456120.445766.jpg (25 KiB) Viewed 2322 times
Magoi
Dive-aholic

Post by Magoi »

Jacob -

I am going to the club dive on Sunday - would be happy to transport them there if you do not go. Am picking up the light from Dusty. I would even take the money for you. Margaret may not be able to go - she picked up a cold this week.

Larry
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

Hey Larry

Thanks for the offer. I am strongly considering attending the club dive either way. I will let you know, and maybe we can carpool.

Jacob
smcarlton
Getting To Know Folks

Post by smcarlton »

Thanks everyone for the offers to make this happen. I would like to buy the tanks as they are described. I can do a Paypal if you want to do it that way or let me know what works.

Hope we can set up a pass off Sun pm or Mon am-will stay tuned.

Steve. 971 645-8281
mancub
Dive-aholic

Tanks tanks tanks!

Post by mancub »

Steve

Sounds good. PM sent.
Jacob
spatman
I've Got Gills

Tanks tanks tanks!

Post by spatman »

smcarlton wrote:Hope we can set up a pass off Sun pm or Mon am-will stay tuned.
Monday morning would be best for me. I'm in NE Portland. Email me and I'll send you my address and we can figure out a time that works. matt [at] nwdiveclub [dot] com
spatman
I've Got Gills

Tanks tanks tanks!

Post by spatman »

The eggs are in the nest. I repeat, the eggs are in the nest.
smcarlton
Getting To Know Folks

Post by smcarlton »

Thank you all so much for this coordinated effort. It was nice being able to meet and talk to those involved. Now that we have found NWD we will stay active and hopefully get to a dive. thanks again steve
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

Glad it worked out Steve. Spatman was the biggest help!

Steel 100 and both pony rigs still available. I will keep the thread open a while more.
Jacob
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

That Elysian Tripel was tasty.
diverden
Compulsive Diver

Post by diverden »

I have a pair of the 2750 80s and I like them. I've twined them up. They are HEAVY and believe they are made by Norris (defunct) and since they have the +, the working pressure is 3000. For me, heavy is good. No additional weight required.
mancub
Dive-aholic

Tanks tanks tanks!

Post by mancub »

Glad you liked the trippel. Almost got consecration but wasn't sure about choosing a Belgian style.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Tanks tanks tanks!

Post by spatman »

mancub wrote:Glad you liked the trippel. Almost got consecration but wasn't sure about choosing a Belgian style.
Don't know that one. I like most Belgian beers, but some can be a little too sweet for my taste.
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

Don't know that one. I like most Belgian beers, but some can be a little too sweet for my taste.
Russian River Damnation...I had it wrong :D... Consecration is their sour. Both good beers though.
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/863/45653
http://russianriverbrewing.com/brews/damnation/

I know you said you weren't into the hoppy just to be hoppy beers, but Russian River's Pliny the Elder is my favorite IPA! Next to Pliny the Younger...the on crack version (double hopped). Definitely give it a go if you ever see it on tap!

Cheers
Jacob
spatman
I've Got Gills

Tanks tanks tanks!

Post by spatman »

Actually, I do like sour beers. If you're ever down here in Portland, we should go to the Cascade Barrel House. They have amazing beers, especially their selection of sours.

And Pliny is overrated. I know, heresy. But I never thought it was that amazing.
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

I'll forgive you about Pliny...hehehe ;). On another note, I am guilty of not giving more Belgians a go. Definitely the largest "untapped" style of beer for me personally. I need to branch out from my IPAs...I just love them too much and we've got great hops here!

I'll definitely look you up if I'm down your way :).

Jacob