Know who dives near the bay area?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Cmjstealth
Avid Diver

Know who dives near the bay area?

Post by Cmjstealth »

Anyone know any clubs or forumns for diving near the bay area /monterey bay? Driving down and threw my gear in my car just in case. Be a lot of fun if there was someone intetested in showing me around the local sites during the next two weeks.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Know who dives near the bay area?

Post by LCF »

I'd suggest posting on the Northern California subforum of ScubaBoard. There are a lot of active Monterey divers there (that's the diving near SF).
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Cmjstealth
Avid Diver

Post by Cmjstealth »

Great idea, I'll give that a try
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

You also might want to contact Seven Seas Scuba-Monterey. They are located right on the Breakwater at Monterey Bay down the street from the Aquarium. They have a very active dive community there and can probably hook you up with some people to dive with.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

We've gotten our fills in Monterey at Bamboo Reef, and I know they do guiding. They're nice folks. But I think you could probably find a local dive buddy on SB, if you didn't want to pay a guide.

My strong recommendation is to get Lobos reservations for one day that you're there. The diving in Whaler's Cove is spectacular, and well worth the entry fee.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
girldiver
Compulsive Diver

Post by girldiver »

I'll be down there the week of the 27th...going to try to get reservations for that Wednesday at Pt. Lobos. If I can't do that, I'll probably just dive Breakwater in Monterey. I have used Glenn's Aquarius every time I'm there...but may visit Seven Seas this time, as their new shop looks stellar.

If you're down there then...PM me and if you're free that Wednesday, we could go for a dive.
Cindy
http://www.scubashoppe.com -
Retail, Training, Travel and a Full Service Center: 130 Main Street, Auburn.
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Cindy,
If you go by Seven Seas make sure to give Louis a big hug from me.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
fnerg
Dive-aholic

Post by fnerg »

My memories of Monterey are the Monterey crawl, and having sand get in my inflater valve, causing it to get stuck. It WAS during the supermoon, and the biggest tidal exchanges of the year, but man, that was some of the toughest diving I've done so far.

We went to Bamboo Reef for gear rental, and they seemed like a.good shop.