Purchasing Doubles

General topics about technical diving.
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Re: Purchasing Doubles

Post by SeanKylgod »

this made me actually laugh out loud. reminded me of my first "ohhh this is why people hate aluminum.." moment when I was shimmying myself up a piling from 40-15fsw then trying my damndest to not cork after my safety stop (there were plumose from 15-0 fsw that i didnt want to strip off of the piling)
LCF wrote:Nothing like doing a staged decompression dive with someone who has never seen you in the water before, and spending your 20 foot stop swimming around head-down to stay underwater!
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Ya I have 3 AL80's sitting in my garage. 1 has been wet 3 times, 1 wet once and 1 is still brand spanking new.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Post by SeanKylgod »

If you ever wanna let one go for REALLY cheap, I could use one in conjunction with my current AL80 as a twin set for fresh/warm water =P otherwise, I've often pondered putting my TIG welder to use and turning my tank into a nifty model of a missile or possibly a shameful $250 lamp.
Linedog wrote:Ya I have 3 AL80's sitting in my garage. 1 has been wet 3 times, 1 wet once and 1 is still brand spanking new.
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

SeanKylgod wrote:If you ever wanna let one go for REALLY cheap, I could use one in conjunction with my current AL80 as a twin set for fresh/warm water =P otherwise, I've often pondered putting my TIG welder to use and turning my tank into a nifty model of a missile or possibly a shameful $250 lamp.
Al80s make fine stage or big deco bottles.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

An Al80 of acceptable age and alloy is always saleable . . . as stated, they make good stages.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Post by SeanKylgod »

Touche', sir.
lamont wrote:
SeanKylgod wrote:If you ever wanna let one go for REALLY cheap, I could use one in conjunction with my current AL80 as a twin set for fresh/warm water =P otherwise, I've often pondered putting my TIG welder to use and turning my tank into a nifty model of a missile or possibly a shameful $250 lamp.
Al80s make fine stage or big deco bottles.
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Unfortunately my wife has claimed them as hers. Shes a warm water diver so what are we ever going to do with them? I have no clue, happy wife, happy life so they have her name on them for now.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Post by SeanKylgod »

"No, I wanted nickel drawer-pulls, not silver!"

"ok, baby.. I'll go back to lowes"

*sits in car for 30 minutes updating facebook status to "rethinking my whole life.." *

"here. nickel. not silver"

"oh, you DO love me.."

I getcha. haha
Linedog wrote:Unfortunately my wife has claimed them as hers. Shes a warm water diver so what are we ever going to do with them? I have no clue, happy wife, happy life so they have her name on them for now.
dewmercer
Avid Diver

RE: Purchasing Doubles

Post by dewmercer »

I'm 6'3" 190lbs. My HP130s are a joy. Very comfortable and they are easy to trim. I was out with a guy last night who is more your size and swears by his LP120s which he "cave" fills for more dives between fills.

PM me and I may be able to arrange for you to try a set or two.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
--
DAve Mercer