Salvo 21 watt HID for sale...

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Steding is afraid another man might have a "bigger light" than him! :smt064
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Edit: Double post... #-o
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Catheter comparisons really are a pissing contest :bootyshake:
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Sounder wrote:Steding is afraid another man might have a "bigger light" than him! :smt064
I'm perfectly comfortable with the size of my light . . . it is the brightness of the beam that matters . . .

(I have no idea what that means)
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

dsteding wrote:
Sounder wrote:
What's an extra $750 on top of the perfectly good $900 one right here, eh?! #-o
I sent Matt an email today inquiring about the cost of a 10w and a 35w. Way I figure it, the 35w would be good for pissing off your friends locally, and the 10w would be good for traveling.

That being said, I may hold off. Scooter. I need me a scooter.
A 21W Salvo is fine for travelling. Took mine to mexico with no problems. I expect the 35W will work fine as well...
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

TSA has new restrictions on Lion batteries, not sure what they are. Anyone know more?
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

CaptnJack wrote:TSA has new restrictions on Lion batteries, not sure what they are. Anyone know more?
Good topic for a separate thread?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

CaptnJack wrote:TSA has new restrictions on Lion batteries, not sure what they are. Anyone know more?
have lion batteries ever spontaneously combusted when they haven't been hooked up to a charging circuit before? (i.e. all the battery fires have been while the batteries were inside of laptops?)
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I thought I heard that TSA had a battery mass limit?
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Another benefit of buying Sounder's light is you won't have to wait weeks for the light to arrive.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Hey Mr. Reality,

Since you're going to be out of town, do you want me to test out your light for you just to make sure it works? :salute:
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Yeah, if you want to that's fine with me.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

my whole problem with all this bright ass lights you guys are getting excited about it one it reflects like a mother off of plankton and two really messes with your night vision. which in turn makes it harder to see at depth. and like someone said it is not really going to seem twice as bright. Plus almost 2 grand for a dive light is f&%$ing just as stupid as ........ well you get the point. Not to pick on you sounder, although it is fun :violent1:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I still want every single one of those 35 watts :laughing3: ... I really like having an HID underwater around here.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Doug, something to consider ... if you do get the 35W light, then Erica will need at least the 21W light (so you might as well keep it for her to use).

Otherwise, your light will be so bright that you will not be able to see her light when she tries to use it to get your attention.

Bright lights are fine ... if everyone on the team has one. Otherwise, they wash out every other light in the vicinity ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Grateful Diver wrote:Doug, something to consider ... if you do get the 35W light, then Erica will need at least the 21W light (so you might as well keep it for her to use).
Good point Bob, I played with one at NWSD the other day and it is really, really, bright. A nice spot to signal with but it also has a much bigger halo when focused . . . your teammates would indeed need a bright light to cut through it.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Thanks Bob - hope you had a great trip! I considered that as well and think we're going the Li-ion remote head route for her too (weight and size reduction) so we'll be picking up a 21w Li-ion for her soon as well. We also have HP80s enroute and dry gloves in the works.

It's still available!!!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

what bob said. (not to mention how inadequate you make your dive buddies feel! lol.)
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets