Want a diving job?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
girldiver
Compulsive Diver

Want a diving job?

Post by girldiver »

So...this is a close friend of mine who has a diving job open. Ignore the "navy background"...what he needs is someone who can do light commercial work underwater and keep their head straight. This is working on the houseboats on Lake Union.

Looking for someone with some knowledge of construction who is good in the water. New divers need NOT apply.

Here's the CL posting...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/trd/2901698208.html

If anyone knows anyone....all he's getting is "clowns" applying through CL.

Thanks guys!
Cindy
http://www.scubashoppe.com -
Retail, Training, Travel and a Full Service Center: 130 Main Street, Auburn.
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Re: Want a diving job?

Post by scubnewb »

Got about 13 years doing construction work experience before I went and got my degree's fromt the university of washington woking everything from foundation to roofing and all that falls between at private, government, and union levels... To bad I'm a newer diver cuz I could really use a steady job lol... :BDub:

So when are you no longer a "newer" diver :smt064
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
-Confucius
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Want a diving job?

Post by Jeremy »

What is your degree in scubnewb?
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

I recieved a Bachelors in Sociology under the pre law option B which is the Law, Society & Social Policy option, as well as Poli-Sci under the Law Society & Justice option as well as a minor in Communications with a focus on public speaking. I also have some other certifications and degrees in business and some other things as well as radio and audio engineering but thats the jist of it.
Jeremy wrote:What is your degree in scubnewb?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
-Confucius
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Ah, well we have several openings but none for a Sociology major unfortunately. We need Math/Science majors.

Good luck on your job hunt!
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

I have a few recent Math/Science recent graduates some not so recent. Mostly school teachers but I know at least one of them is job hunting. PM me the info and I can send it to them. They are all great guys...
Jeremy wrote:Ah, well we have several openings but none for a Sociology major unfortunately. We need Math/Science majors.

Good luck on your job hunt!
-Confucius
girldiver
Compulsive Diver

Post by girldiver »

The "new" status...this is a job which possibly involves entanglement (the bottom of the Lake is a trash heap)...solo diving at all times...so it's not recreational by any means.

Picture getting entangled in random stuff, while having raw sewage blasting into your face and finding the solution to getting out on your own... Yeah...no National Geographic stuff here. :)

So far, the two applicants who have come forward from this board are stronger than the ones he's gleaned off of CL. I hate to sound like a girl..."But I told him so."
Cindy
http://www.scubashoppe.com -
Retail, Training, Travel and a Full Service Center: 130 Main Street, Auburn.
Dive Monkey
Aquaphile

Post by Dive Monkey »

girldiver wrote:The "new" status...this is a job which possibly involves entanglement (the bottom of the Lake is a trash heap)...solo diving at all times...so it's not recreational by any means.

Picture getting entangled in random stuff, while having raw sewage blasting into your face and finding the solution to getting out on your own... Yeah...no National Geographic stuff here. :)

So far, the two applicants who have come forward from this board are stronger than the ones he's gleaned off of CL. I hate to sound like a girl..."But I told him so."
This reminds me of a job that I do once in a while cutting line from crab pots out of the wheel of a tug. The last job I did, I surfaced next to the discharge pipe for the head and someone had flushed the toilet and sure enough out come a nice turd and a wad of toilet paper. So yes… It has all the elements Solo diving, entanglement hazards and poop! :partydance:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

girldiver wrote:Picture getting entangled in random stuff, while having raw sewage blasting into your face and finding the solution to getting out on your own...
Sounds like a typical Saturday night out with Josh and Calvin.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
girldiver wrote:Picture getting entangled in random stuff, while having raw sewage blasting into your face and finding the solution to getting out on your own...
Come on. We gave you cab fare last time.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Joshua Smith wrote:
spatman wrote:
True, but you have no idea what I had to do to find a cab in that part of town.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:
spatman wrote:
Wearing THAT dress? Wouldn't have mattered what part of town you were in, my friend.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Joshua Smith wrote:
spatman wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:
spatman wrote:
Wearing THAT dress? Wouldn't have mattered what part of town you were in, my friend.
I'm pretty sure is was your assless chaps that were scaring the locals.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:
spatman wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:
spatman wrote:
I'm pretty sure is was your assless chaps that were scaring the locals.
Like they never saw THAT before? I think not.

pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

:threadjacked: :offtopic: :police: :nutty: :popcorn:
Jeff Castor
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Dive Monkey wrote: This reminds me of a job that I do once in a while cutting line from crab pots out of the wheel of a tug. The last job I did, I surfaced next to the discharge pipe for the head and someone had flushed the toilet and sure enough out come a nice turd and a wad of toilet paper. So yes… It has all the elements Solo diving, entanglement hazards and poop! :partydance:
Until you've ever tried to tie into a live sewer line, or repair one, you've no idea the stuff that can out of someone...
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Jeff Pack wrote:
Dive Monkey wrote: This reminds me of a job that I do once in a while cutting line from crab pots out of the wheel of a tug. The last job I did, I surfaced next to the discharge pipe for the head and someone had flushed the toilet and sure enough out come a nice turd and a wad of toilet paper. So yes… It has all the elements Solo diving, entanglement hazards and poop! :partydance:
Until you've ever tried to tie into a live sewer line, or repair one, you've no idea the stuff that can out of someone...
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

Too funny, when I was working with my father-in-law I made the mistake of laughing at him once when he got turded while cutting a sewer line. I inherited the "duty" thereafter!
Tim McClung

22nd Annual Scott Firefighter Stair Climb, support it: http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/Big ... fr_id=1280
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

I once had to fix a blocked sewer line in seattle that had a12ft fall to it.

When I cut that line, it gave a whole new definition to dooty geyser.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

Oh I was just poking fun with you :smt064 and yes working in comercial construction condition are not for the average joe... Nothing like walking around in raw sewage while your trying to stop the flow of of blown valve haha.
girldiver wrote:The "new" status...this is a job which possibly involves entanglement (the bottom of the Lake is a trash heap)...solo diving at all times...so it's not recreational by any means.

-Confucius