Ir receiver for UWATEC computer.

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Ir receiver for UWATEC computer.

Post by ORDiver »

I have a question that one of you more computer savvy people could probably help me with.

In short. Do I need this: http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/UTCSMID.html to communicate with my Aladin tec2g computer or will any usb IR receiver work?
I definitely do not have one of these on my computer now and I've seen them for about half the cost of the Uwatec ones at Frys. Any input would be much appreciated.
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Re: Ir receiver for UWATEC computer.

Post by fmerkel »

I got one of these from eBay/China:
http://www.irxon.com/english/products/ir650_e.htm
Works fine.

I tested the Tec2 first on a laptop with IR built in and it was OK. The 'aim' is very fussy esp. while still in the console. Initially I thought it didn't work but it was all aim and connection issues.
Half the time I just take it out to use it. The cord on the one I got makes it more user friendly than a USB-stick kind of setup for this application, easier to aim the IR since the console is somewhat bulky and stiff on the hose.

You don't need the ScubaPro IR unit, just a decent IR from what I can tell.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Thanks. I'll make sure to get one with a cord.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

any IR should work. I had a small little $20 Fry's one and it worked fine.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White