TTN This Evening

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
mpenders
Submariner

Re: TTN This Evening

Post by mpenders »

Dusty2 wrote: Did you notice the montery sea lemon on the left?
I did. And took a few shots of it...never even noticed Mr. Scalyhead.
IMG_6580.JPG
Also found these on the same engine block (just below and to the right of Mr. Scalyhead). Not sure what they are, but they looked cool.
IMG_6579.JPG
A couple other shots from the dives:
Octo in Bottle.JPG
Red Flabellina.JPG
Stubby Squid.JPG
Spawning Clam.JPG
Nice day, good dives, great buddies. Throw in a clam orgy and baby lumpies - what's not to like? :partydance:

Mike
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

mpenders wrote:
IMG_6580.JPG
Also found these on the same engine block (just below and to the right of Mr. Scalyhead). Not sure what they are, but they looked cool.
IMG_6579.JPG
Mike

Funny how that works, once you fix your objective on one critter suddenly you just go blind to everything else. Sooo many times I get home and see something that I really would have liked to get some good pix of and never even was aware of when I was in the water. :angry:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Dusty2 wrote:Funny how that works, once you fix your objective on one critter suddenly you just go blind to everything else. Sooo many times I get home and see something that I really would have liked to get some good pix of and never even was aware of when I was in the water.
This is SOO true... I'm starting to think about mask shopping again, but what you are describing is a brain thing, not a vision thing.

The good thing is that the more you experience "missing" something and then finding it later, the better you get at recognizing them in the future. One can hope, anyway! :angelblue:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

mpenders wrote:
You, my friend, are someone I could get along with.

Nice shot of the squid by the way. The lighting is perfect!! The eyes are open! I can't even usually find a squid to take a photo of...what are these other guys talking about, it looks like there was lots of stuff to see!!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

The amount of stuff to see depends on your ability to see it in the first place. I have had a couple of people tell me they did Hudson and didn't see much????? If your dive is spent cruising along 10 feet off the bottom running a compass course to this or that chances are you won't see much. I know one lady that can do Hudson and actually see more than I do. :angry: Young whippersnapper! She is a joy to dive with but not if you want to get somewhere. :supz:
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Thought I would post it here to...

Found a wrist mount computer on Thursday at TTN @ about 25 feet. Sorry for the delayed post, I got busy during Easter weekend :-) Please PM me with the description and I will make sure it is returned to it's rightful owner.