Dive Expo this weekend!

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Dive Expo this weekend!

Post by Zen Diver »

I love seeing all the friends & familiar faces at the Expo! It always feels like the first day of school after summer vacation :-)
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Dive Expo this weekend!

Post by Gdog »

Was a fun time today at Expo, saw some of you. Probably saw more than that, but unfortunately, no avatars on your shirts. Will be back Sunday again.
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

I was at the front desk and probably gave you your goodie bag...be there again tomorrow...
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Dive Expo this weekend!

Post by Zen Diver »

I'll be there again tomorrow wearing either my DATC shirt or a REEF shirt. I'll add my NWDC name to my badge. I'll be wandering but will be based out if either the REEF or Dive Around the Clock booths.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I ran into tons of people I knew . . . and unlike last year, there was some definitely cool stuff around for sale. Ross hit some of the highlights, but I'd add the new Santi dry suit, and the clever Santi canister with TWO 10 ah batteries in it, both with switches and e/o connectors, so you can run your light off one and your heating vest off the other, and then on deco, you can stow the light and switch the vest to the light battery (which will have a lot more power in it). Great thinking!

The Halcyon mini-reel and spool that mate with the Halcyon light heads were pretty nifty, too.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Spent the full day there. From 9am to 5pm. Saw lots of friends and acquaintances and even customers that didn't complain at all. :angelblue:

Must be doin something right.

Sorry to say I missed John somehow but I saw allot of reefers and photo nutz and talked to allot of people both new and old. Touched base with Dave Beherns, Andy Lamb, Greg Jensen, Janna, Jan K, Tom nick and to many others to mention + lots of other critter nutz and got some great buys on publications from Dave. If you were waiting till tomorrow to pick something up from him you may have waited to long. The books were fairly flying out of there all day.

I saw Lynn but never caught up to her but there were allot of NWDC peeps wandering around.
doublesunder
Aquaphile

Post by doublesunder »

Some-how I managed to come home with yet another set of doubles!!

And a Huge Thanks to Liquivision for the free Tee.
Last edited by doublesunder on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

doublesunder wrote:Some-how I managed to come home with yet another set of doubles!!

And a Huge Thanks to Liquivision for the free Tee.
Sounds like an expensive trip!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I didn't see you anywhere, Dusty, but I sure saw some gorgeous photos of yours on the contest screens!

It's so much fun to go to that event, and get to say hello to so many people I never otherwise see. And this year, there were quite a few intriguing products, from Santi's split canister and new dry suit, to Halcyon's mating baby reel and lighthead. I think I could have spent a LOT of money . . . but I controlled myself, and only came home with a pair of Jeanna Edgerton's niece's beautifully decorated dry gloves. I'll be stylin'!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
JayO
Avid Diver

Post by JayO »

I didn't get away so easy Lynne, and going back for more this afternoon. Great education from Doug at Liquivision.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

JayO wrote: and going back for more this afternoon.
Is there a separate entrance fee if you go back again or will your bracelet work again?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
JayO
Avid Diver

Post by JayO »

Tom Nic wrote:
JayO wrote: and going back for more this afternoon.
Is there a separate entrance fee if you go back again or will your bracelet work again?
Not sure.
I have a vendor pass.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Well I saw a ton of familiar faces ... mostly as they strolled past the ScubaBoard booth, but also while I was wandering around.

Somewhere along the way I managed to win a 7-day trip to the Browning Pass Hideaway ... which is a place I'd been considering getting back to this year anyway!

Second year out of three I got a trip out of the photo contest ... this time I'll actually be able to take it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

:neener:

Sorry, Glad somebody from the club won something. Which one won?

My luck ran out the day I was born! Friday the 13th :angry:
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Dive Expo this weekend!

Post by Scubie Doo »

Congrats Bob, nice meeting you. Congrats to Penders to for 2nd in Cold Water Macro. Great shots everyone!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Grateful Diver wrote:Well I saw a ton of familiar faces ... mostly as they strolled past the ScubaBoard booth, but also while I was wandering around.

Somewhere along the way I managed to win a 7-day trip to the Browning Pass Hideaway ... which is a place I'd been considering getting back to this year anyway!

Second year out of three I got a trip out of the photo contest ... this time I'll actually be able to take it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Dude! That's awesome. I love the hideaway. One of my favorite places on Earth, above and below the water.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by lundysd »

congrats Bob! what photo did you win with?
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Dive Expo this weekend!

Post by Zen Diver »

Way to go Bob!
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Congratulations, Bob! What a great trip to win!!!!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

This one ...

The funny thing is I was just talking to someone last week about going up the Hideaway in September. I told John D yesterday there was a strong chance I could make it ... now it's a dead nuts certainty ... :)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Grateful Diver wrote:This one ...

The funny thing is I was just talking to someone last week about going up the Hideaway in September. I told John D yesterday there was a strong chance I could make it ... now it's a dead nuts certainty ... :)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
That's good karma. Congratulations again. Late September is supposed to be THE time to go there, too. Great picture, by the way- as usual.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

Congratulations Bob!! Awesome Photo.

Brendan
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Dive Expo this weekend!

Post by Scubie Doo »

Grateful Diver wrote:This one ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Way cool shot, you may have mentioned it already. But where did you take this? Wasn't your 2010 phot winner taken at redondo?
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Yes ... and this one was taken less than 50 feet from where that one was taken ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Dive Expo this weekend!

Post by Scubie Doo »

Grateful Diver wrote:Yes ... and this one was taken less than 50 feet from where that one was taken ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Funny, the photo I won with last year was taken near the large pipe at about 50'. Looks like Redondo is the award winning spot :) Make sure you post a write-up on your award winning trip!