Looking for Golf Ball diver/s in Portland area..

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
SurferJ
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by SurferJ »

I have several courses around Portland, OR under contract to retrieve the balls in their lakes. Looking for experienced divers to work with in this area as an independent contractor for full time work. Please send your info if interested to geeseguys@gmail.com.

James
vs920
Frequent Bubbler

Re: Looking for Golf Ball diver/s in Portland area..

Post by vs920 »

There are some interesting things said about the ponds of golf courses.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... club-ponds
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

There are some interesting results when human skin is exposed to large amounts of pesticides that can be found in golf course pools.....
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Buy cheap drysuit... thats what I'd do...
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Jeff Pack wrote:Buy cheap drysuit... thats what I'd do...

and a cheap "face" suit. Also glue your mask to your face, so's to not get any leaks. Ugh to dive in a stagnant pond, full of pesticides, bacteria and whatever, not diluted by moving water. Maybe I'd do it for about 100.00 a ball.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
vbcoachchris
Dive-aholic

Post by vbcoachchris »

I think the going rate is around $.05 / ball

Seems worth it

Scott
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

vbcoachchris wrote:I think the going rate is around $.05 / ball

Seems worth it

Scott
:goodpost:
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Norris wrote:

and a cheap "face" suit. Also glue your mask to your face, so's to not get any leaks. Ugh to dive in a stagnant pond, full of pesticides, bacteria and whatever, not diluted by moving water. Maybe I'd do it for about 100.00 a ball.
Good point, forgot about that part...

citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

Norris wrote:

Are you sure you don't want to get any of that water in your eyes? I heard it gave you x-ray vision....
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
vs920
Frequent Bubbler

Post by vs920 »

Hi Jeff,
Yeah, a cheap suit- I don’t think you can get a bio-suit that covers from head to toe cheap, not even a used one. I found one though; it has data sensor points that limit your exposure to the toxic sludge in those ponds from “shite it’s eating its way through” to “kiss my arse goodbye”. :rofl:
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

What about one of the old style full body, screw on helmet rigs? :)

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

citycatred wrote:
Norris wrote:

Are you sure you don't want to get any of that water in your eyes? I heard it gave you x-ray vision....
hmmm getting X-Ray vision would be super neat though, only for the fact that finding Octopus and wolf eels would be easier... :)
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

Norris wrote:
citycatred wrote:
Norris wrote:

hmmm getting X-Ray vision would be super neat though, only for the fact that finding Octopus and wolf eels would be easier... :)

hmmmm i think x-ray vision would be very nice....i guess it depends if looking at someone results in seeing their bones or just seeing other things....
Cynthia Heimel
vs920
Frequent Bubbler

Post by vs920 »

citycatred wrote:
Norris wrote:
citycatred wrote:
Norris wrote:

hmmmm i think x-ray vision would be very nice....i guess it depends if looking at someone results in seeing their bones or just seeing other things....
I was thinking there were some equally good uses on dry land for that type of vision. I would have killed for it as a perverted kid…
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

vs920 wrote:
citycatred wrote:
Norris wrote:
citycatred wrote:
Norris wrote:

I was thinking there were some equally good uses on dry land for that type of vision. I would have killed for it as a perverted kid…
Citycatred is a perverted kid, that's why she said that. :D
vs920
Frequent Bubbler

Post by vs920 »

spatman wrote:
vs920 wrote:
citycatred wrote:
Norris wrote:
citycatred wrote:
Norris wrote:

Holly crap, that’s quite the resume (profile) for a perverted 18 year old…
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

vs920 wrote:
spatman wrote:
vs920 wrote:
citycatred wrote:
Norris wrote:
citycatred wrote:
Norris wrote:

Holly crap, that’s quite the resume (profile) for a perverted 18 year old…
>.< I have a resume?
Cynthia Heimel