Testing out new rig...

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
Alexitt
Submariner

Testing out new rig...

Post by Alexitt »

So I finally got to try out a new (to me) camera underwater after playing around with it on land for a couple weeks... It's a Canon S90 in the Ikelite housing (Octoloco's old rig) with my old S&S strobe/tray... Last Sunday went over to Keystone and spent an hour and a half under the pilings, hardly any current and really decent vis... Shot a lot of pix and was very pleased when comparing the ease of use and response time to my Intova which takes pretty decent photos but it's definitely the low end of the UW spectrum... So after 2 nice long dives and throwing my back out getting out of the water from the 2nd dive which is why it's taken me this long to post (NOT pretty) here's some of the results...

Keystone0011.JPG
Keystone0017.JPG
Keystone0020.JPG
Keystone0024.JPG
Keystone0029.JPG
Keystone0038.JPG
Keystone0041.JPG
Keystone0054.JPG
First signs of summer...
First signs of summer...
Keystone0061.JPG
Keystone0078.JPG
Keystone0090.JPG
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Linedog
I've Got Gills

Re: Testing out new rig...

Post by Linedog »

Very, very nice!
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Testing out new rig...

Post by Zen Diver »

LIKE! :-)
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

Nice Shots Alex.
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Not too shabby Alex.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Nice results! How's the back?
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Thanks All... Yeah, backs getting better but still gonna be a week or two before I want to put that extra 100# on...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Looks like it does just fine. Now you just need a good post processor to bring them out a bit. Paint shop pro X4 or Photoshop Elements 10 will turn them into masterpieces without breaking the bank.
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

I usually use Paint shop pro 7 or an older version of Photoshop... These have a minimum of Post processing done right now, with a bit more effort and time they could definitely be improved... Though the newer versions may simplify the editing some...
-Alex-

Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

The newest version of PSP is X4 but I am not impressed enough to buy it. I use X2 and like it allot! That's why I'm not upgrading. The newer version has some cool stuff but they made allot of changes to the user interface that I am not wild about.