Tonight: Speed Dating Fishy Style!

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Tonight: Speed Dating Fishy Style!

Post by nwscubamom »

:taco: Tonight's REEF Fishinar will feature marine life ID book author Ned DeLoach who will share his amazing photos of fish mating and talk about some of the behaviors and where/when to stand a better chance of seeing the action.

Jan Kocian lovers - you will truly enjoy this one hour fishinar! Q&A session to follow afterwards.

- It's free. :eric:
- You log on from your computer (pre-register and follow instructions)
- You don't need a microphone or a webcam. Just your computer and speakers (or headphones or whatever to listen).
iPad-iPhones-iPod users - you'll be able to view and listen via the Citrix Online GoToMeeting app (it's free), but not type in questions at the end.

To sign up for this and other future free Fishinars, visit:
http://www.reef.org/resources/webinars

See ya online!

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Tonight: Speed Dating Fishy Style!

Post by LCF »

Oh, phooey! I'm DMing an open water class tonight :(
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

That was pretty good. Probably the big concept I got out of it was another way to pay attention to fish behavior and some new ways to look. You sure have to spend a lot of time UW to get some of those pictures let alone even see that kind of behavior.
Fritz
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

The photography was outstanding. I appreciate how much time and effort they spent on getting that kind of pics. It was my first webinar, didn't know what to expect. But I loved it.
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
JohnE
Frequent Bubbler

Post by JohnE »

I was stuck at work and couldn't make the class. I just watched the recorded copy. I learned a lot and answered some long running questions about things I've seen out there. Thanks Janna for another good one.