Im a boat Owner...

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
coulterboy
Amphibian

Re: Im a boat Owner...

Post by coulterboy »

Tom Nic wrote:
coulterboy wrote: I'm out of town for a week. Hoping to dive Yellowstone Lake on Sunday.
Whoa! You just kind of snuck that one by us Tom - sounds awesome! Make sure you do a dive report!

What are the vital stats on the boat? Hard to tell, but four divers seems a bit tight - maybe 3 divers and a driver? Draw straws for who stays topside on dive #1? Should be lots of fun!
When it happens, you will see a report. It's supposed to snow Saturday and Sunday at the Park, but that's not gonna stop me and the other guy. It's really his decision to bail, not mine. I told him, I'm 100% in. He even has his scooter charged up for this dive. I don't know where he's taking/towing me. Looking forward to it. I will really be bummed out if it won't happen.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Have you come up with a name for the boat yet? Maybe you could start a thread for suggestions. We have an imaginative group.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
Scuba Scott
Aquaphile

Post by Scuba Scott »

Welcome to the BOAT owner club.
Attachments
IMG_3999.JPG
Life can be short and dives even shorter. Time off work will put it all in perspective.

http://www.waterproofdecks.blogspot.com
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Um.. S.S. Kracky.. Sounds good..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

my thoughts...

SS Lead Sinker
SS Bottom Time
SS Scuba Snob
SS Blank Line
SS Whatever
SS Bottomless Pit
SS Tanks Alot
SS Tank You
SS Future Habitat
SS Future Reef
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

coulterboy wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:
coulterboy wrote: I'm out of town for a week. Hoping to dive Yellowstone Lake on Sunday.
Whoa! You just kind of snuck that one by us Tom - sounds awesome! Make sure you do a dive report!

What are the vital stats on the boat? Hard to tell, but four divers seems a bit tight - maybe 3 divers and a driver? Draw straws for who stays topside on dive #1? Should be lots of fun!
When it happens, you will see a report. It's supposed to snow Saturday and Sunday at the Park, but that's not gonna stop me and the other guy. It's really his decision to bail, not mine. I told him, I'm 100% in. He even has his scooter charged up for this dive. I don't know where he's taking/towing me. Looking forward to it. I will really be bummed out if it won't happen.
Hate to burst your bubble, but not much life there UW. Kinda looks like most lakes. Viz is ok at maybe 15ft. Light penetration to at least 70ffw (I haven't been deeper). Its almost 8,000ft so its barely spring there.

If you are bringing a boat I'll warn you, you must get a shallower pitch prop or you won't plane - at all, even with a light load. I can't exactly advise on how much pitch to go down, but the HP will plummet with the thinner air and your sea level prop will be way too much.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

How about ... "Sir Sinks A Lot" for a name?
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

coulterboy wrote:
2loud4u wrote:So when is the Neah Bay trip?
After you do us a favor and pick up the boat for us. :supz: I'm out of town for a week. Hoping to dive Yellowstone Lake on Sunday.
I got certified while I still lived in Idaho and I've been eying Yellowstone Lake ever since. We expect a full report with many many pictures!
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

Since Tom is a partner, some boat names might be:
Pasasalamat (Always a good sentiment of a boat owner)
Sirena (I'm thinking of his daughter)
Pating (A good macho name, if I got it right)

I appologize if I messed any of these up, it's been a long time since I have been to PI.
-Curt :rawlings:
Happy to be alive.
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

oldsalt wrote:Since Tom is a partner, some boat names might be:
Pasasalamat (Always a good sentiment of a boat owner)
Sirena (I'm thinking of his daughter)
Pating (A good macho name, if I got it right)

I appologize if I messed any of these up, it's been a long time since I have been to PI.
-Curt :rawlings:
Hahaha! Those are all good!

I hate to disappoint you guys, but the dive at Yellowstone Lake did not happen. Schucks! I spent all day in Jackson yesterday and the weather was nasty. On and off snow. So, I was still hoping that Paul Brock of Yellowstone Divers would decide it's a "GO". Well, yesterday afternoon, Paul called it OFF. I told him, I respected his decision. He was already in Yellowstone and said snow was expected to accumulate around 3-5 inches. With him knowing the area very well, I didn't push the envelope. If Jackson was snowing on and off at an elevation of just a little over 6200 ft, I can only imagine Yellowstone at an average elevation of around 8000 ft. Some other time.

I told Paul, anytime he wanna hang out and dive with us (crazy NW divers), to just give me a call and we will make sure he will have a good dive in the Sound. By the way, he has dived Puget Sound before. As for anybody who plans to dive Yellowstone or any of the nearby lakes in the future, give Paul Brock a shout out. He is the owner and insructor of Yellowstone Divers based in Cody, WY.

As I am writing this message, it is snowing on and off in Pinedale, a city south of Jackson.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?