Yea Yea... another great day

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

met up with Blackwater this morning, we had great hopes for some good vis but was limited to about 20' at depth. Still a lot of life, nudis still laying eggs and a lot have hatched. Lots of octopus sitting on their eggs. Of course lots of wolf eels.
Found this big king crab, biggest I've ever seen on the hood canal, 10" across. Not the silver dollar size I normally see.
All in all a good day with lots of eagles to watch between the dives.
Attachments
IMG_3535.JPG
IMG_3534.JPG
IMG_3526.JPG
IMG_3515.JPG
It's a good day.... nobody died!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Yea Yea... another great day

Post by Dusty2 »

yea, but where did you go besides the hood? 20' is pretty darn spectacular right now!
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

It seems that when it's really dark at depth you much more attention to the small stuff. The nudi hatch just seems never ending this year, the dives were really beautiful today. At the end of the dive I was paying so much attention to the small stuff that I didn't know exactly where the upline was. It was about 15 feet away and I was a bit dissoriented. I had to find a ridge and follow it to the line. At the end of the day we found the catch of the day.

I hope it was an accident, but my guess is D-bag. In the parking lot of Triton I went into bathroom and found a scared puppy. It had no collar, it was shaking and cowering in the corner. Dale took it home and is attempting to find the owner, it looked abandoned. It looked healthy but smelled terrible.

On another note I am off to the Soccorro Islands, I will post a report after the trip.
IMG_7927.jpg
IMG_7873.jpg
IMG_7909.jpg
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

He smells a lot better now that we gave him a shower. Daisy just doesn't care for us giving someone else her attention.
I've got posts on craigslist, lost my doggie and calls in to the animal services in Brinnon, Shelton, Quilcene. Hope he finds a good home. He is a sweet little thing.
Attachments
IMG_3544.JPG
IMG_3545.JPG
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

People can be so damn callous. Bet someone dumped him. Happens all the time.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Super cute puppy. I hope you find him a good home.
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

Great photos (as always) and BIG THUMBS UP on the rescue!
Tim McClung

22nd Annual Scott Firefighter Stair Climb, support it: http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/Big ... fr_id=1280
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Bless you guys for taking care of the pup.

Congratulations on the PSKC!

And I LOVE the crinoid picture. Of course, I'm a sucker for crinoids . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Unless I'm mistaken, that's not a crinoid ... but a super macro shot of a tubeworm (look at the base, crinoids have "roots") ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

You're right, Bob! I was fooled by the feathers . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Thank you for taking care of the puppy! He's adorable! Who leaves dogs like that?!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

A 8 years ago we had someone drop a german shepherd/Chow mix on our estate. Strongest dog I've ever trained, stronger than my 120pd German Line Shepherd and he was a brute!

We wound up adopting him. Big damn strong dog, but a total wussy :) That dog could seriously run though.

But he's getting on in years now, and our 2yo Aussie runs rings around him now.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

We took him to the vet this morning and had him checked over... 2 hours and $200.00 later.... he has antibiotics, ear sauve and flea drops, but is otherwise a very healthy happy puppy. :supz: He had a cough that we just didn't like, but they said his lungs are clear and the ears are a yeast infection so all treatable! We are meeting with a possible new family member today at 5. He lives close by us, has a fenced yard and goes to school online so spends a lot of time at home. :partydance:
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Sorry about the cost but seems like a good investment. The warm fuzzies you get from doing a good thing for a defenseless critter are priceless. You have my thanks and respect.

Dusty
diverden
Compulsive Diver

Post by diverden »

Only $200 at the vet? I can never seem to get out of there for less than $500.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

diverden wrote:Only $200 at the vet? I can never seem to get out of there for less than $500.
Pet insurance saved us thousands of dollars over the life of our dog. I highly recommend it.
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

I'm sure it would have been more if we had gotten all his shots.... but since we just found him and were trying to find a good home for him. If this woman hadn't had taken him we would have kept him ourself and hoped our dog would have adapted as we both had grown so attached, but things work out ....as you can see.

We posted for a home for "Triton" and got at least 8 people wanting him, but each backed out because they had to put a pill in his food for 2 weeks and a drop in his ears for a week! The people that took him were actually our last choice because of having 3 kids, 2 of which were under 5. The mother was so nice and seemed like she was going to take real good care of him. She lived in Brinnon, North of where he was found. She got back to town and was proudly showing her new dog to the woman at the store when she mentioned she looked like one on a poster outside. When she went to look... sure enough looked exactly like him and the owner walked up, said "that's my boy" Triton got all excited started wagging and licking her all over! Seems she bottle fed him from a baby and left him in her back yard while she ran to the store and someone stole him. Then why they drove him all the way to the park to lock him in a bathroom is beside me... but ... he is back home again....... now 2 families have been touched by him 3 if you count the original owner. Amazing how things work. Of all the people interested, as far as PA and Seattle, the only ones willing to give him a pill happened to run in to the real owner and gave him back.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Amazing. Glad to hear it all worked out in the end.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

What a lovely story! Bless you for doing the right thing for the pup.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

That's a really cute story, thanks for sharing.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.