Anybody in Juneau?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
rgugler
Just Settling In

Anybody in Juneau?

Post by rgugler »

Hey all!

I received my final itinerary from my new employer today, so I can finally start making actual plans! After orientation on the 26th in Seattle, I'm flying up to Juneau on the 27th! I sent most of last year in Alaska, but all in Dutch Harbor, and I've never been to Juneau before. If anybody is around, I'd love to get a late dinner or a few beers when I get in around 7pm! I have to be at the IVF dock at 8:30 am to meet my boat the next morning. I'm hoping whatever taxi driver I get knows where that is!

Rachel
sitkadiver
Submariner

Re: Anybody in Juneau?

Post by sitkadiver »

Sounds like you're working for the Cruise Ship Industry.... The Intermediate Vessel Float is right in downtown Juneau. Some people call it the "big" lightering float.

Will you be traveling around Southeast? If so, let us know when you're in Sitka. Dave, Herb and I are always looking for new buddies.

Congratulations on getting back to Alaska.
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
rgugler
Just Settling In

Re: Anybody in Juneau?

Post by rgugler »

I got a job as a deckhand working for Lindblad Expeditions, and yes, they end up in Sitka. Not sure how much free time I'd have to go diving, but hopefully something will work out! I'm very happy to finally be headed back to Alaska! I was up there from January-April this year and have been missing out on all the best months up there while I fend off heat stroke in the 100+ degree heat back in Kansas.