Thursday South Sound Dives 7-19-2012

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
RoxnDox
Submariner

Re: Thursday South Sound Dives 7-19-2012

Post by RoxnDox »

pogiguy05 wrote:
eliseaboo wrote:Hey guys....turns out...I LIED.

I have Thursday off.

I might be talked into doing an earlier dive too, if someone can lend me a tank. There are about eight additional people in this little three bedroom house this week, none of which I know. Getting out sounds real good right about now.
Well you know I have 4 tanks and I will let you borrow one anytime. I would like to dive earlier around 430pm 5pm then dive with the others at 7pm. Just have to fill one tank before then. :funky:

Then I have the DATC event on July 20th ( MY B_DAY) @ 6pm and 830pm :calvin:
I've also got 3 full tanks (HP100 steel - from what I hear Eliseaboo could breathe for days on one of these...) I'll bring, doing an earlier dive sounds great. Count me in!

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

I might be able to do the early dive too.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

I'll be packing up for DATC...:-)
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Well can I get a head count for those doing an earlier dive?

I am thinking 430pm MEET and Splash at 5pm and unless someone is an air hog dives usually last around 1 hour for me.

SI from 6-7pm while we chat and wait for the later group to arrive.... sound good? :popcorn:
Jeff Castor
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

pogiguy05 wrote:Well can I get a head count for those doing an earlier dive?

I am thinking 430pm MEET and Splash at 5pm and unless someone is an air hog dives usually last around 1 hour for me.

SI from 6-7pm while we chat and wait for the later group to arrive.... sound good? :popcorn:
I'll shoot for getting there by 4:30, will kinda depend on traffic after work. Sadly, I will count as an air hog too... Especially after being out of the water so long, I'll probly get 35 min or so. Sorry...

Jim
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Count me in for the first dive and I promise I will have the most air remaining out of the first group unless Elise is around. :stir:
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

coulterboy wrote:

Count me in for the first dive and I promise I will have the most air remaining out of the first group unless Elise is around. :stir:
:bye: Hoping to be!

I've been kind of an air hog lately (for me). It might have something to do with that unfortunate leak, but I've mostly patched that up now...
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

eliseaboo wrote:I've been kind of an air hog lately (for me).
It's true.

On our last dives in PT Elise actually came up with less than 2000 lbs in her aluminum 80.

We almost fainted. :eek:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
kf7lze
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kf7lze »

I'd be interested in diving early...trying to come up with a bigger tank or two than the AL 80s my shop rents since I'm new and suck air down pretty quickly still. (only made it 33 minutes on an AL 80 ending at about 600-650)
-J.W.
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

kf7lze wrote:I'd be interested in diving early...trying to come up with a bigger tank or two than the AL 80s my shop rents since I'm new and suck air down pretty quickly still. (only made it 33 minutes on an AL 80 ending at about 600-650)
Heh. I am in the same boat as you, beleive me. I'm usually happy to get > 35 min out of a 100. I'll bring all 3 of mine, you can use one if Eliseaboo doesn't need it, or Jeff (pogiguy) had some larger tanks too. I don't go bigger because my shoulder and neck get really unhappy about it.

Jim
kf7lze
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kf7lze »

That would be super cool if someone has a big tank I could use, at least for one of the dives.

Although I'm still diving wet, so probably only one long dive for me, it's cold down there!
-J.W.
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

kf7lze wrote:That would be super cool if someone has a big tank I could use, at least for one of the dives.

Although I'm still diving wet, so probably only one long dive for me, it's cold down there!
Cooler and a couple of jugs of warm water will help that condition! Just pour it right down in yer neck and it will warm you right up...
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Yes tomorrow I will double check my tanks since it has been like 2 months since I have been diving. I know of only one that needs filled and ELISE used it last so it should still be full anyways. :neener: :rofl:

I will officially say I will be there at 430pm and we can splash at 5pm ISH..

Depending on who is there the guys who know they will have shorter dives can buddy up. I will take ELISE as my buddy then I know I will get close to an hour. :luv: :tomnic: :eric:

I also have a 10 gallon container for warm water and I can bring some if you need to use it to warm up after the dive.
Jeff Castor
Don-B
Dive-aholic

Post by Don-B »

kf7lze wrote:That would be super cool if someone has a big tank I could use, at least for one of the dives.

I was thinking of going if there will be someone to dive with for a 5pm splash.
I have LP95s and HP117s that you could use.
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

pogiguy05 wrote:Yes tomorrow I will double check my tanks since it has been like 2 months since I have been diving. I know of only one that needs filled and ELISE used it last so it should still be full anyways. :neener: :rofl:

I will officially say I will be there at 430pm and we can splash at 5pm ISH..

Depending on who is there the guys who know they will have shorter dives can buddy up. I will take ELISE as my buddy then I know I will get close to an hour. :luv: :tomnic: :eric:

I also have a 10 gallon container for warm water and I can bring some if you need to use it to warm up after the dive.
Aww shucks... :highfive:

I'm still working on my plans that day, but it looks like I'll get at least four in one way or another. So I'm trying to dig up a Nitrox tank...but I think I'll have a series of pretty long surface intervals even if I don't, so I'll have to just play it by ear :pirate:
kf7lze
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kf7lze »

Don,

I wouldn't mind trying out an HP 117 if you've got one to spare...I scrounged up an LP95 from my friend, it'd be really neat to see how the different tanks works with weighting and buoyancy since I plan to buy some tanks before too long also. I can leave the AL 80s at the shop...

Jim (RoxnDox) mentioned he'll be around early also, so I think that's at least 3 of us for a 5pm splash and other people were talking in this thread....sounds like it should be a good group.

So, since I have no idea being new and all...what's the going rate on tank fills? (i.e. how much cash should I bring with me, to take care of the air I'm using that isn't mine?)
Don-B wrote: I was thinking of going if there will be someone to dive with for a 5pm splash.
-J.W.
Don-B
Dive-aholic

Post by Don-B »

kf7lze wrote:Don,

I wouldn't mind trying out an HP 117 if you've got one to spare...I scrounged up an LP95 from my friend, it'd be really neat to see how the different tanks works with weighting and buoyancy since I plan to buy some tanks before too long also. I can leave the AL 80s at the shop...

Jim (RoxnDox) mentioned he'll be around early also, so I think that's at least 3 of us for a 5pm splash and other people were talking in this thread....sounds like it should be a good group.

So, since I have no idea being new and all...what's the going rate on tank fills? (i.e. how much cash should I bring with me, to take care of the air I'm using that isn't mine?)
Don-B wrote: I was thinking of going if there will be someone to dive with for a 5pm splash.
There should be no difference in end weight between a Faber lp95 or hp117 .
the 117 will be about 1-2lbs heavier when full.

I get my air fills for about $4 but if you use one of my tanks i will not accept any money.
just return the favor down the road to someone esle if you can.
kf7lze
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kf7lze »

I'm definitely big on paying it forward. Much appreciated!

Looking forward to meeting you (and everyone else) tomorrow!
-J.W.
Don-B
Dive-aholic

Post by Don-B »

kf7lze wrote: Looking forward to meeting you (and everyone else) tomorrow!

If your there tomorrow you may not be meeting anyone.
kf7lze
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kf7lze »

:nutty: Errrrrr.
-J.W.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

First :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and now

IF you use the PAID parking lot, there is a machine that takes cash or debit. If you are staying a long time I always get the FULL all day ticket. I think it is like $8 for all day and if I leave early I just hand it off to someone. Lately I have seen the attendant so I would not try to SKIP paying unless you wish to pay $20 fine. :pirate:

NOTE there is free parking on the street along side the paid lot IF there are any empty. DO NOT park in Saltys parking lot.
Jeff Castor
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

COUGH............COUGH........... Did I mention that Friday is my birthday :rawlings: :sign10: :whip: :bounceline:
Jeff Castor
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

pogiguy05 wrote:COUGH............COUGH........... Did I mention that Friday is my birthday :rawlings: :sign10: :whip: :bounceline:
We'll look for an old crustified bottle for ya! Or maybe a rock... Something all crustified and barnacled-up anyways... :supz:

Jim
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

RoxnDox wrote:
pogiguy05 wrote:COUGH............COUGH........... Did I mention that Friday is my birthday :rawlings: :sign10: :whip: :bounceline:
We'll look for an old crustified bottle for ya! Or maybe a rock... Something all crustified and barnacled-up anyways... :supz:

Jim
WHAT!!! no strippers in the parking lot? :taco:
Jeff Castor
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

pogiguy05 wrote:
RoxnDox wrote:

Jim
WHAT!!! no strippers in the parking lot? :taco:
Probly not any you'd want to see... :eek: