Whew!

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
rgugler
Just Settling In

Whew!

Post by rgugler »

So this last week has been non stop! I had a GREAT time getting dry suit certified by Peter Guy and doing my open water dives with him and LCF on Tuesday and Wednesday! Thanks so much! I'm definitely hooked on diving dry now!

Thursday I went in for my orientation for my new job, and while I was in the office, my wallet with ALL my IDs, credit cards, debit cards, etc was stolen by a construction worker working on a security door! (Oh the irony!) My awesome day turned into a frantic dash to report everything as stolen and try to figure out ID and money situation so I could fly up to Alaska today! My luck finally turned around that evening when a security guard found my wallet with almost everything in it!!!!! (They stole my $2 for the bus, the only cash I had in there!) I was able to go get it and ride the train (for the first time!) back to my hotel at Seatac by midnight (walking through downtown Seattle alone at night is NOT my best idea ever...), make it to the bank to transfer my accounts this morning, and then fly up to Juneau!! Very best of all, my passport, the only thing missing, was found this afternoon, and they will be able get it to my company and send it up to me! Big sigh of relief there!

Now I just have to hope my luck will hold out and I get to go diving on the boat! Heading from Juneau to Petersburg to Sitka this week, with lots of amazing stops along the way! SO EXCITED!!! Sometimes I wish life could be slightly less eventful, but I guess you have to take the bad to get the good!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Whew!

Post by LCF »

Oh, my goodness! I'm glad at least the diving part went smoothly . . . and glad to hear you ended up getting everything but $2 back. I hate thieves.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

When you get to Sitka, you should find Diver Dave! He's always good for a couple of dives!
Oh, and welcome to the addiction! :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
rgugler
Just Settling In

Post by rgugler »

Thanks LCF! It was a pretty hectic few days figuring out how I was going to fly!

Bassman- I'll be sure to! I'm working the 7pm-7m shift this week, so I should have some free time on land before I have to work!