Bail out tank in Lake Crescent

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Bail out tank in Lake Crescent

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Dove the lake last tuesday. Found a line going down the wall with a bail out tank tied to it at about 50'. No other divers in the area. Tank was pretty covered with sediment and some algae. There was an aluminum water bottle also tied to the line with the words "do not remove" on it.
Anyone know why someone would choose to leave a tank there for an extended time?

Cory-
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Re: Bail out tank in Lake Crescent

Post by kdupreez »

I believe that "safety" bottle was placed there by someone from Lighthouse Scuba..

Doesnt it also have an email address written on it to let them know if you used it?
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Chris Borgen
Compulsive Diver

Post by Chris Borgen »

The tank belongs to Trevor Ryenne. He is doing deeper dives up and down that line and lives right by the lake. He keeps it there for bailout situations.
Maritime Documentation Society
http://www.maritimedocumentation.org
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

So why isn't he pulling it at the end of his dive?
K
"Let's go diving!"
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Scubak wrote:So why isn't he pulling it at the end of his dive?
K

the bottom of that line is at like 497' just shy of 500'. He has been going out 3 or 4 times a week and trying to find a hole that will give 500' from shore for the last year. Just like deep cave penetrations and route setting in climbing you leave gear behind so you do not have to reset it each time you go back.

at the fare right is him and his rebreather with the 4-40's on it.
rbex.jpg
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
limeyx
Aquaphile

Post by limeyx »

loanwolf wrote:
Scubak wrote:So why isn't he pulling it at the end of his dive?
K

the bottom of that line is at like 497' just shy of 500'. He has been going out 3 or 4 times a week and trying to find a hole that will give 500' from shore for the last year.
rbex.jpg
Tell him to just bring a shovel on the next dive and get the whole thing over with already :)
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

He needs to put a different reg on that tank. The sherwood "dry piston" which was on it a couple months ago is bleeding off the pressure so its sits there flooded week after week. Sure its fresh water, but its not going to work that well when he needs it...
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.