Kona diving.

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
json
Aquaphile

Kona diving.

Post by json »

Got to see my first diver sucked up and spit out of a lava tube on the rocks yesterday. Banged him up but he walked away. Wow not going on that boat again.
Procastination is like masterbaition,it's all good until you realize your only screwing yourself!
Benoit
Aquaphile

Re: Kona diving.

Post by Benoit »

Yes gotta keep your distance from the lava tubes if there is any swell... a dive operator guided the group that close/in the tube while there was big swell?
- Benoit.
json
Aquaphile

Post by json »

Yeah all the way, might have been a good dive in the morning without the trade wind swell.
Procastination is like masterbaition,it's all good until you realize your only screwing yourself!
Benoit
Aquaphile

Post by Benoit »

That's why I like shore diving in Kona... early in the morning, at my pace. Better viz and smaller waves. Done your Manta dive yet?

If you haven't already... I just saw the other thread - I like Jack, dove with them a few times, but Big Island Divers is a little better for experienced diver, and their package Manta + Black water dive is incredible....
- Benoit.
json
Aquaphile

Post by json »

Haven't done that one yet. Got a week left so have to check it out