New diver from Alki

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
archisgore
Aquaphile

New diver from Alki

Post by archisgore »

Hello everyone. I posted something on craigslist, and one of the members here posted with nwdiveclub in his email signature. I decided I love diving enough to sign up ASAP.

I'm a new diver who began in May this year. I'm now advanced open water certified and aiming for Master Scuba Diver before December. I love diving, and subject to my tanks being filled in time, will never miss the opportunity to jump in any place, any time.

It is great to see this community and look at all the advice threads. I'm going to jump right in and join the conversations. My current "home dive shop" is 5th Dimension on Harbor Ave. and Mark has been an invaluable guide and mentor. My instructor is Yuri and I'm usually to be seen at Seacrest Cove 2 on both days of the weekend in the mornings. Say hello if you spot me. I'm probably the only (East) Indian guy out there so that's easy.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: New diver from Alki

Post by Nwbrewer »

That was me. Welcome to the club!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Welcome! Come join the club dive this weekend -- you'll get to meet a ton of folks, and make connections for future dive buddies. And you might get to see Richard's thong . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Welcome!

No thong for me this fall unless kbt is bringing one without me? I don't really like Redondo (the city, the dive site is fine) and I need to redo some underground piping this weekend before it rains instead.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

I plan to - unless I'm finishing up my supervised deep dive to prove to my instructor I'm competent. I look forward to witnessing Richard's thong, and I read some discussion about buns and wieners. I'll certainly drop by to say hi before jumping in if I'm training that day.

Thanks for the very warm welcome. :-)
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

archisgore wrote:I look forward to witnessing Richard's thong
Damn nobody who knows me has EVER said that :p

Ask and ye shall receive...
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

Jack - I believe we've met twice before! Unless I'm mistaking you for someone entirely different. Didn't I run into you at Edmonds two weeks ago (the two Indian guys), and then again at Alki on Sunday afternoon.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

archisgore wrote:Jack - I believe we've met twice before! Unless I'm mistaking you for someone entirely different. Didn't I run into you at Edmonds two weeks ago (the two Indian guys), and then again at Alki on Sunday afternoon.
Nope, I'm Richard and I haven't been to Edmonds park in 2 or 3 years. Nor at Alki in probably 5 months.