Worms

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Worms

Post by Jan K »

Still out of commission due to dental problems - the tooth was finally extracted after three attempts to clean up the root canals - so here are some creatures representing my present mood, found on dives in the past ](*,)

Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Awesome and creative, as always ... best of luck with the tooth, and hope you're able to return to the water soon ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Wow! What can I say? Great stuff Jan!

Worms are one of the few critters that still kind of creep me out... expecially the fast, free swimming variety! :pale:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

So you're feeling wormy, eh?

Well Jan, yet another thing we can both relate to - getting the tooth finally pulled after going through trouble with it. Been there done that - it helped greatly. However your tongue just can't seem to stay away from that area!! (the hole does fill in eventually)

Seeing these worms is really fascinating! I had so much trouble finding anything about them in ID books - eventually finding a few guidebooks with better photos and info than others - but it's great to see some photos from other divers.

Best Fishes to your now-absent tooth and you!

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Jan K
I've Got Gills

more of the creepy and crawly

Post by Jan K »

Another of the creepy critters ...

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Jan- love the pics, as always! I'm very happy you've been posting them here! Sorry to hear your dental woes are keeping you out of the water.
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Great compilations Jan. Speaking of worms, I swear I saw about a 3 ft worm that was patterned like a coral snake with alternating colors of white and red. At first I thought it was an old line, but then I saw that it was burrowing into the sea floor. Good stuff!
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

When ARE you going to get a camera?!? Come on! We want a picture!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman