End of the World diving in Fiji!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
dlh
Submariner

End of the World diving in Fiji!

Post by dlh »

I wanted to get a jump on this whole end of the world business, so I popped over to Fiji to get my final dives in early! I'll be spending Christmas time diving and getting in a little winter time sun. It was a near thing as Fiji was hit with a nasty Cyclone the day before my departure. There was the whole problem of messed up flight schedules, but with a little scramble we made it on time. (BTW, I think Air Pacific is running their flight scheduling system on a rickety Commodore 64 circa 1984. :eek: ) The sky's are clear and sunny and the water is great! No damage at all in Taveuni.

It's 10:30 PM on 12/21 right now, so I guess there are a few minutes left for apocalypse but at least I got a couple of more dives under my belt!

Here are a few "End of the World" Fiji dive shots to share:
White Wall Colors
White Wall Colors
Clear blue water
Clear blue water
Dave
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: End of the World diving in Fiji!

Post by Tom Nic »

Sigh....
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Daniel379ba
Avid Diver

Post by Daniel379ba »

I'm very jealous. Nothing but cold weather here. Keep posting photos of those warm waters, I'd love to see them!
I was born in the water and love being in it.
Its a natural feeling.
(If anyone wants to dive with me voice up, I'm good Tuesday-Thur 3:00+
Monday and Fridays 3-7, Saturdays = Full day or not at all, Sun = 12:00+ )
RedmondDiver
Just Settling In

Post by RedmondDiver »

I almost didn't recognize Rebecca without her KISS!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

dlh wrote:I wanted to get a jump on this whole end of the world business, so I popped over to Fiji to get my final dives in early! I'll be spending Christmas time diving and getting in a little winter time sun. It was a near thing as Fiji was hit with a nasty Cyclone the day before my departure. There was the whole problem of messed up flight schedules, but with a little scramble we made it on time. (BTW, I think Air Pacific is running their flight scheduling system on a rickety Commodore 64 circa 1984. :eek: ) The sky's are clear and sunny and the water is great! No damage at all in Taveuni.

It's 10:30 PM on 12/21 right now, so I guess there are a few minutes left for apocalypse but at least I got a couple of more dives under my belt!

Here are a few "End of the World" Fiji dive shots to share:
20121220-White Wall & Blue Ribbon Reef-17.jpg
20121220-White Wall & Blue Ribbon Reef-105.jpg

I'm torn between hating you and admiring you. I think I will settle for just being jealous. Have a good apocalypse!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

Today's dives were even better than yesterdays (which was our first dive day). I am not sure I should torture the drizzled masses in WA with more sunny blue water photos however...

It's also been adjustment of sort diving open circuit. I've been diving a rebreather since 2007 and I think I only went open circuit once since then. I did manage to stop trying to hit my dry suit inflator after first dive. :)
Dave
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

dlh wrote:Today's dives were even better than yesterdays (which was our first dive day). I am not sure I should torture the drizzled masses in WA with more sunny blue water photos however...

It's also been adjustment of sort diving open circuit. I've been diving a rebreather since 2007 and I think I only went open circuit once since then. I did manage to stop trying to hit my dry suit inflator after first dive. :)
Drizzled masses.... Torture.... Sigh....

Please post away, the more the merrier. Might as well, can't get much worse.

Yeah, I might have bruised my sternum in Bonaire trying to add gas to my non-existent suit. It can really get hairy, however, when you attempt to dump air by lifting your left arm. :tomnic:
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

A few more photos from today's dives in Fiji. Tomorrow I may attempt some D800 video, if I can get the settings right. So far I have been shooting the D800 with a Sigma 15mm Fisheye in a custom 4" mini-dome with two DS-125 strobes.
Zoo & Rainbow Reef Dec 22 2012 -17.jpg
Zoo & Rainbow Reef Dec 22 2012 -143.jpg
Zoo & Rainbow Reef Dec 22 2012 -154.jpg
Dave
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Beautiful!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Very nice! =D> =D> =D>
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: