Happy New Years Day at the Muk

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Octoloco
Extreme Diving Machine

Happy New Years Day at the Muk

Post by Octoloco »

Did just one dive this afternoon at the T-dock; was surprised to see so many critters out at this time of year......

Handful of octopus, a juvenile wolf eel, and a stubby squid as well as some of the usuals.

Larry lost a 1.5 lb ankle weight if anyone happens upon it....please let us know.

Happy diving in 2013!!!!
P1014130.JPG
CIMG1015.JPG
P1014101.JPG
CIMG1012.JPG
Dive by Shooting!!

Kathy
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Re: Happy New Years Day at the Muk

Post by Bric Martin »

Hey Stranger, great shots!
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Very nice . What a way to start new year !
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

If you don't find the weight, I have an ankle weight I will give you. Happy New Year from Depoe Bay.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

What time did you guys dive? Jeremy, DWinslow, Spiffydiver and I dove there around 1430 today. Went to the boat, then up to the Geodome, then to the log in front of the Silver Cloud around 35 FSW, then north to the T-dock. I was purposely looking for that eel, but didn't find it. It usually hangs out by the log. Viz was great, and I made a comment to the group that the sea bottom looked like it was vacuumed cause it looked so clean and void. Good find on the critters.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Octoloco
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Octoloco »

Bric - we'll have to get together and do a dive this year. Thanks for the nice comments on the pics, though of course they are nothing compared to the work you're turning out these days!!

I'm used to this group responding so quickly on lost articles that I figured I'd give this a shot. If I don't hear anything on this thread, we may just hit you up Curt. Thanks for the offer...

BTW - are the articles now hanging off the geodome lost articles waiting for their owners to pick them up? If so - what an amazing and creative lost and found idea!! Almost everyone stops by the geodome on the way out or on the way in and only divers can get to the items. Really Cool!

Coulterboy - we got in the water around 1100 and dive almost the same profile. Viz was surprisingly better than we had anticipated and you're right - the yuck on the bottom was almost non existant! The problem with that is that is seems that after that first storm at the Muk, the critters are much better hidden without the yuck to hide in and under.
Dive by Shooting!!

Kathy
SSpiffyDiver
Avid Diver

Post by SSpiffyDiver »

I enjoyed the dive with the guys (Jeremy, coulterboy, and DWinslow); I would recommend these three to anyone needing a dive partner. It's good to put faces with handles (though I suck so badly at names I couldn't ID any of them on the street.) It was one of the better dives I've had since starting up again, even though I was a pound or two light at the end due to an equipment change. I didn't think new fins would make that much difference; I've been shaving weight off trying to find my minimum and think I about have it now. :)

Best of all, I now have a coveted NW Dive Club sticker! :joshsmith: