Powerlines, Sechelt, BC Canada

Canadians and divers who love the pristine waters and storied shipwrecks of B.C. gather here. Dive Beautiful British Columbia!
doublesunder
Aquaphile

Powerlines, Sechelt, BC Canada

Post by doublesunder »

What could one expect for depth and layout of this site ?

Thanks again
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Powerlines, Sechelt, BC Canada

Post by Tom Nic »

Is this also known as Agamennon Wall?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

doublesunder wrote:What could one expect for depth and layout of this site ?

Thanks again
It couldn't be less complicated. Its a steep slope/wall. Basically linear-left and right of the power lines. Go as deep as you like, the channel is way beyond divable depths.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
json
Aquaphile

Post by json »

Cloud sponges start around 70fsw and get bigger the deeper you go.
Procastination is like masterbaition,it's all good until you realize your only screwing yourself!
doublesunder
Aquaphile

Post by doublesunder »

Thanks for the responses, I have a trip coming up in the area. Was curious if it is worth the time to go deeper on this site.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

My understanding is that at about 140, you get into a mixture of cloud sponges and red gorgonians, and the gorgonians get bigger as you go deeper. This was one of the dives for which I got my tech cert, and I have yet to do it.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

LCF wrote:My understanding is that at about 140, you get into a mixture of cloud sponges and red gorgonians, and the gorgonians get bigger as you go deeper. This was one of the dives for which I got my tech cert, and I have yet to do it.
Are you keeping or selling Nottie? We could do a trip in the late spring if you'd like. Bit of a drive and one ferry ride (which is admittedly expensive) but overall its not an unreasonable 4 day trip. Most of the sites in/around that area are pretty benign current-wise, so its more a question of tides not being uber-low creating launching hassles and not having bad winds.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
camerone
Submariner

Post by camerone »

LCF wrote:My understanding is that at about 140, you get into a mixture of cloud sponges and red gorgonians, and the gorgonians get bigger as you go deeper. This was one of the dives for which I got my tech cert, and I have yet to do it.
Although it's been a number of years since I've been up there, this is true as of the last time I dived it - sometime back in 06 or 07 I think.

I went up with a mostly rec crew who came back from the dive and were talking about basketball sized gorgonians and sponges. I dropped to about 150-ish on some light mix and they were much, much larger and also more plentiful. We're talking people sized...at least the small ones :)

This is a great site to suck helium if you want to see the really cool stuff. It's great no matter what, but it's awesome 150'+
There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots...
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

doublesunder wrote:Thanks for the responses, I have a trip coming up in the area. Was curious if it is worth the time to go deeper on this site.
If you're going to be staying with Porpoise Bay, ask Kal to take you to Captain's Island as well. The cloud sponges there aren't as big as the ones you'll see deep at Agammemnon, but they're shallower and more plentiful ... which can make for a longer dive overall ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
doublesunder
Aquaphile

Post by doublesunder »

Found some videos here and there, definitely looks worth packing some helium along. Planning on a few dives on the HMCS Chaudiere too, will be my first time on the wreck.

Thanks for all the helpfull input...