Cobalt Computer Floods

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Cobalt Computer Floods

Post by johndo88 »

On my 32nd open water dive with the Cobalt, it flooded. It was working fine on shore and during our surface swim. On descent, I did not watch the gauge (I have one hand on my nose and the other on the dry suit inflator). When we hit bottom at 53 feet (as measured with my wife's Cobalt), mine was dark. I noticed that when I turn the Cobalt upside down, you can see the water in it. It's on its way back to Atomic Aquatics; I sure hope it is covered under warranty; it's only two months old. In case you're wondering, mine was manufactured in the 36th week of 2012, well beyond the recall range. Oh, and yes, we were good divers and aborted the dive (a 7 minute dive at Cove2; that sucks). Anyone else ever flood their Cobalt?
P.S.
The dive shop I go to was great and loaned me a brass and glass CPG and depth gauge. :)
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Re: Cobalt Computer Floods

Post by Linedog »

Good call on bagging the dive, sucks but your around to dive again. Aren't Colbalts completely sealed? Sounds like it should be covered under warranty, props to the LDS for giving you back ups.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Post by johndo88 »

>> props to the LDS for giving you back ups.
By LDS you mean Underwater Sports Seattle (which is the shop that provided me with the gauge set)? :)
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

LDS, Local Dive Shop, if you got the Colbalt from Seattle UWS, then yes props to them!
Pop tarts and gravy,
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Post by johndo88 »

HA! I was noodling on this three-letter acronym all day yesterday. On my way home from work, I thought I had figured it out; Lighthouse Diving Supply. Only that’s not their name, it’s Lighthouse Diving Center. Local Dive Shop makes much more sense.
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Post by johndo88 »

Full Disclosure: Atomic Aquatics covered it under warranty; a new replacement is waiting for me at my LDS. :)
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Bitchin!
Pop tarts and gravy,