Need a weight test buddy

General banter about diving and why we love it.
archisgore
Aquaphile

Need a weight test buddy

Post by archisgore »

I've lost a few pounds of my waist, and I think it's time to take a few pounds off my belt. Would someone like to be a safety buddy for a few minutes over the week/weekend to help me trim my belt so I don't have a giant bubble in my feet when I'm upside down?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Need a weight test buddy

Post by CaptnJack »

Couldn't tell from your post... But best to weight check at the end of a dive when your tank is near empty. Otherwise its hard to adjust for the weight of the gas in your tank.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'm booked for the next ten days, but I was going to write to you anyway, and offer to go out and help with weighting and some buoyancy exercises, if you are interested in doing that at the end of the month.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Wednesday is good for that :smt064
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

Oh yes of course. I'm actually committed on a different dive on wednesday. If I make it to WWW tomorrow, we could do it at the end. Such a pain at the end of the dive - when all you want is foooood! If someone's there early, I've kept a near empty tank not yet filled just so I don't have to wait to end a dive. We could do a quick test before others arrive - would make that dive comfortable for me.
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

You are working it too hard. Just have 2# that are easy to dump (remove) along. At the end of the dive in 10' of water remove all your suit and BC air, then remove (or have your buddy remove) the weight. If you are still too heavy > repeat next dive.
You can speed it up if you have 2 + 2 # to dump.

That seems way easier to me than suiting up an empty tank, getting in the water, doing the weight check, then doing a complete tank swap with wet gear before the dive.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Agreed, thats exactly what wednesdays are for :)

come on down and we'll weight you up after the dive.. make you work for your food :p
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

We can help out at an MMM dive too. I have a few spare weight pockets you could borrow so you have some small increments that are easy to ditch at the end of the dive.

Fritz idea is good, we typically just do a dive, then have a buddy who can take the ditchable weight from you at the end of the dive for a weight check.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

Are you still looking for a weight check buddy? I will be in town Saturday and maybe Sunday. We could do a dive and then start whittling the weight off your belt. :partyman:
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!