WWW - 4/3/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mortuus
Amphibian

WWW - 4/3/13

Post by Mortuus »

Meet at Cove 2 this Wednesday for some diving + food and beer afterwards!

Dive 1 - 4:45 splash

Dive 2 - 6:15 splash

Dive 3 - :burntchef: :partyman:

If you need a "big buddy" dive partner, or you want to try a new piece of gear, just ask.

-Dylan
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Re: WWW - 4/3/13

Post by kdupreez »

I'll be there!

Helping Alex, Ryland and Max prep for T1.. anyone wanting to do join is welcome!! (Nudge, Nudge DAve & Dylan)

I have plenty of spare HID, LED lights, BP/Wings (Single and double) and long hose reg setups and OLED timers/computers, blade fins, etc. etc.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
JayO
Avid Diver

Post by JayO »

I'm in for 1 & 2
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

kdupreez wrote:I'll be there!

Helping Alex, Ryland and Max prep for T1.. anyone wanting to do join is welcome!! (Nudge, Nudge DAve & Dylan)

I have plenty of spare HID, LED lights, BP/Wings (Single and double) and long hose reg setups and OLED timers/computers, blade fins, etc. etc.
Yup, already planning to dive with DAve for a dive, and Archis for a dive.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I won't be there this Wednesday -- doing OW pool sessions!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Post by aadolfi »

There for dive 2!!! Hoping to absorb as much knowledge from Koos as possible!!!!!!!
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
jhmccann
Just Settling In

Post by jhmccann »

Hi! I'm 14 and I just got my open water certification. I have been wanting to dive Cove 2 and I will be visiting Seattle on Wednesday. Could I join you all for dive 1?

James
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

jhmccann wrote:Hi! I'm 14 and I just got my open water certification. I have been wanting to dive Cove 2 and I will be visiting Seattle on Wednesday. Could I join you all for dive 1?

James
Sure thing! This event is open invite, meaning anyone can show. Even Jeff Pack =p
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

Not sure I can get there to splash at 6:15 (depending on the Seattle traffic whims). If I'm there 15 or 20 min late, will there be anyone left on the shore to buddy up with?

Lauri
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Lauri, we invariably talk crap for 30minuts before we get in.. so im almost willing to bet money that 6:45 is still cool.

If you are coming and see you are running late, drop met a text at 425-358-0123 and I'll be sure to wait for you
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

Thanks Koos. I'll try an sneak out a little early and it's not raining today, which is bound to help the traffic situation. :)

Lauri
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Drat, Lauri! You decide to come to a Tweak on a week when I can't be there! Oh well; you'll have lots of great company, anyway.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
CBFin
Just Settling In

Post by CBFin »

I was hoping to have my doubles back together and get back into some T1 training dives but it didn't happen. I'll be there single tank and kickin for dive #2.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.
- Baba Dioum
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

Nothing against Cove 2, but anyone want to dive Mukilteo or Edmonds? If not, I may be fighting traffic to try and meet folks at the Cove....
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

finnegankp wrote:Nothing against Cove 2, but anyone want to dive Mukilteo or Edmonds? If not, I may be fighting traffic to try and meet folks at the Cove....
You're coming from Bellevue? Cove 2 is closer than Edmonds or Muk. If you plan on showing for the early dive, you will have very little traffic getting there. Although if you want to do Edmonds, PM Rick (Norris, on the board) to see if he has a WBaS dive going on tonight.
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

I live in Bellevue, but I work in Mukilteo... so I just brought my gear with me to hop in the water right after the bell rings...
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

finnegankp wrote:I live in Bellevue, but I work in Mukilteo... so I just brought my gear with me to hop in the water right after the bell rings...
Ah. Well, hope you can make it! If not, then perhaps another time. You are also more than welcome to just come join us for food if you can't make the splash times :)
Sea Goat
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Sea Goat »

Finnegkp, thanks for splashing in with James yesterday and riding shotgun, it was great to have you on that dive!
NWUE Founding Member
GUE Seattle
http://www.GUE-Seattle.org
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Sea Goat wrote:Finnegkp, thanks for splashing in with James yesterday and riding shotgun, it was great to have you on that dive!

Ditto!!

What a great freegin turn out!! We had about 15 people out diving last night and almost all of them out for Dive 3 at the Matador!!

That was just simply an awesome night of diving and socializing, thanks to everyone for coming out!! :partyman:

And James, special thank you for coming all the way from Kennewick to dive with us!! Thats the spirit matey!! :pirate:

looking forward to seeing you again and diving with you.

Kyle (Finnegkp), good to see you again and thanks for joining the dive and being an awesome DM for the crew diving with James! hope to see you again out on some dives!
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

Glad I could join in all the fun, though sorry I couldn't stay.... the leaky suit got the better of me and I needed to get home to run some quick repairs before I lost the daylight. Next time I'll stay for Dive 3!

James, if you're back in the area again, give us a shout. I'm sure that several of us on here would be glad to get back out in the water with your and keep enhancing your skills as a diver! Great job yesterday!
jhmccann
Just Settling In

Post by jhmccann »

Thanks everyone for a fun dive! The YouTube videos are great too.

I'm not sure yet, but I am hoping to dive at Edmonds this Saturday.

James