p-valve

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Nwcid
Extreme Diving Machine

p-valve

Post by Nwcid »

So I had my first malfunction this weekend. The suit I bought has a p-valve in it. WIth my old undergarment the tubbing just barely routed but worked just fine. Since then I got a new undergarment and now the tubing is too short. It ended up kinked and you can figure out what happened when I tried to use it.

So is there a special kind of tubbing to use? Is this something I need to order from a dive shop or can I pick it up at the hardware store?
John

Check out my site, http://scubadivesites.webs.com/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: p-valve

Post by spatman »

Per Bdub's recommendation, I picked up some Camelbak tubing at REI and it's been working great.
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

I believe it's just fuel line, which you can pick up at any autoshop.

D
DFessler
Avid Diver

Post by DFessler »

Both fuel line or camelback tubing will work. What makes the decision is how you route. My tube comes straight up from my valve and I point my catheter tip straight up. From there I just run about 20" of line going straight up doing a u-turn back to my catheter. If you do a loop type of route thicker tube that will kink less is making a popularity run.
David Fessler
PADI Master Instructor

"Live Life One Foot At A Time"
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

DFessler wrote:Both fuel line or camelback tubing will work. What makes the decision is how you route. My tube comes straight up from my valve and I point my catheter tip straight up. From there I just run about 20" of line going straight up doing a u-turn back to my catheter. If you do a loop type of route thicker tube that will kink less is making a popularity run.
And if the hose is up insider your undergarment, when you pee, the tube warms your abdomen a little bit. 0]

D
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

The hose almost never kinks, and almost any type hose works fine. Its the tip of the catheter which kinks. "Up" works far better than "down" at avoiding kinks.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Nwcid
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Nwcid »

Yes it kinked at the cath because the hose was too short for proper "up" routing.

I will look at the hardware store next time I go.
John

Check out my site, http://scubadivesites.webs.com/
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

So, wait you are NOT supposed to just pee in your drysuit? I always get that mixed up.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

actually Norris. . they're feeding this guy a line of BS. (shhhh... dont tell).. yes you are supposed to simply turn it loose in the suit.. keep doin what your doin.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I just tell people I must have a little leak in my leg somewhere, when questioned.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

@ Norris and Wayne Fowler...ROFLMAO!!!