Zee's Reef & Sunrise 4/7

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
dalcodiver
Avid Diver

Zee's Reef & Sunrise 4/7

Post by dalcodiver »

Went out to Zee's Reef & Sunrise yesterday. Vis was 15-20ft at both sites , noted a complete absence of any octopus at Zee's Reef and only one wolf eel , several large lingcod and quite a few rockfish. Sunrise had 3 octopus and a couple of wolf eels. Added a stiff bristle brush on a short line to both of the WSA buoys to clean some of the growth from the buoys to help maintain them. Plan on doing the same at Saltwater Park the next time I get up there. So if your diving there give the buoy a quick scrub if you have a chance, I would recommend doing it at the start of your dive though so you don't bring to much stuff back onto the boat on your drysuit after the dive.
If I'm not diving unfortunately I'm working.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Zee's Reef & Sunrise 4/7

Post by YellowEye »

Thanks for the report!

Somebody else mentioned to me they didn't see any octos at Zee's recently too :( Too bad, I had one of my best octo sightings ever at Zee's... a huge octo out hunting on the reef. All the shrimp, gunnels, etc were panicking to get out of its way!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!