Possible Sunday Dive 4/28

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Kelvininin
Avid Diver

Possible Sunday Dive 4/28

Post by Kelvininin »

Anyone diving this Sunday?
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Re: Possible Sunday Dive 4/28

Post by Jeff Pack »

I'm diving sunday, but the sunday plan seems to be in abit of a state of flux right now. What were you thinking?
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Kelvininin
Avid Diver

Post by Kelvininin »

At this point I am pretty open to time and location. I am 10 min from Edmunds, but I have dove it a bunch. I am not at opposed to heading south.
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

I'm planning to go out with a newly cert'd buddy, thought we'd hit the EUWP for about a 1:30 splash. Come join us! I'll bring some tea and chocolate. Gonna try to get two tanks in. The more, the merrier. Now, let's just hope that the viz is great along with the weather!
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

I refuse to dive Edmonds, because of their stupid ass no scooter law that was pushed through.

Kelvininin
Avid Diver

Post by Kelvininin »

I have seen plenty of scooters at edmonds, in fact I think that's likely one of the few ways to get to see the whole park with in a two tank dive. I still haven't scene the very north west corner of the park.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

scooters are expressly forbidden by a stupid city law... its even posted there about underwater vehicles being forbidden.

5.32.060 Underwater park regulations.
In addition to the regulations applicable to all parks as set forth in the Edmonds City Code, the following additional regulations shall be applicable to underwater parks and it is unlawful for any person to violate the terms thereof.

A. Boating and Submersible Vehicles. Subject to written permission as provided below, it is unlawful for any person to water ski, operate any type of boat or watercraft of every kind and description, including, but not limited to boats propelled manually, by wind or motor driven, over or within any underwater park or delineated ingress or egress area into or away from said underwater park, or within 200 feet in any direction of said underwater park or area delineated for ingress or egress into or away from said underwater park; provided:

Kelvininin
Avid Diver

Post by Kelvininin »

I realize that... I have still seen a few folks with them... Not saying it would be a good idea to go out there with one in defiance of the law...
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

Just an update on this one. I was out at Alki today with some other board folks. First dive at the low tide was ok, about 10 ft viz. The second dive was miserable. 1-5 ft most of the time. seattlepaul1975 was diving small tanks and I was more than happy to come up early with him.

Would like to get out tomorrow, but if it is like Alki this afternoon I am wondering about how wise that would be. Jimothy mentioned that at low tide the Mukilteo Tdock can be an easier access. Anyone know what the viz is like there? I'm planning to take out my newly cert'd buddy and I'd like it if he could actually enjoy the time instead of feeling crappy about visibility. He'll have enough issues with trim.

Any other ideas for a good dive with a new diver tomorrow?
MorningDiverBob
Dive-aholic

Post by MorningDiverBob »

sarinae wrote: Jimothy mentioned that at low tide the Mukilteo Tdock can be an easier access. Anyone know what the viz is like there?
3'-5' at surface. Less 15' at 30'-120' yesterday morning 4/26. Little long walk from parking at low tide 0 ft..
Go Dive and Dive Safe
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

Thanks! Doesn't sound so bad once you drop down then. But, that's what I thought today!
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

OK, Jimothy convinced me that EUWP is not the best plan for dive today with the low tide, long walk, and long swim. I am thinking that my newly cert'd buddy and I will hit the Mukilteo T-dock for a 1pm splash, meet at 12:15-12:30ish for pre-dive briefing at the Silver Cloud. He has some new gear and is just freshly cert'd so I'll be sticking close to him and likely he will be the first to run out of air diving his AL80s.

If anyone wants to join us, come on out. I'm driving a silver Toyota Sienna, I doubt there will be much diving parking competition today. Cell is 206 427 6998.
Jimothy
Avid Diver

Post by Jimothy »

Bad vis and surface chop, but lackluster dives are better than none at all.
Kelvininin
Avid Diver

Post by Kelvininin »

Sorry I missed you guys, my morning commitment over ran. Maybe next time.
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

No worries, Kelvininin. You weren't missing much! Viz was pretty nasty. Thanks to Jimothy, we managed to get out to the geodome and back. I hope to meet you out there sometime soon. :)

Sarina