Must Give Credit Where Credit is Due

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Must Give Credit Where Credit is Due

Post by Norris »

So a few weeks back someone was zipping my Bare Nexgen suit with the plastic zipper and ranked on it hard enough to pull the zipper from one of the tracks. DOH!!!
I was able to get the zipper back on the track but was unable to get the teeth on the closed end of the zipper configured back in order. I called Bare and set up for a new zipper.
I was getting some air fills at Evergreen Dive Services and telling the story of my woes to Aaron. He explained that he has had to fix a few of these already and asked that I bring it in.
I ended up bringing it in, and he walked me through the process while he fixed the tracking on my zipper. This took about 15 minutes, and he charged me nothing. It was a really cool thing to do, and now I have saved 250 for the zipper replacement.

Thanks Evergreen Dive Services, and Aaron..
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
defied
I've Got Gills

Re: Must Give Credit Where Credit is Due

Post by defied »

Is that the TiZip? I've got that on one of my suits, and love it, but gotta be a little careful with it (Not much diff than with a brass zipper).

Glad you saved money!

D
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

yeah I believe that is the one. At least being that the plastic is so forgiving, it makes getting it back together doable.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV7P_hDQfTA

This is an awesome demo of the durability of that zipper, even showing it come off the tracks.

D
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

I've never had a problem with that zipper on my NexGen suit in the two years that I've had it.....
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY