Dive Gear STOLEN!!

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Diver_C
Amphibian

Dive Gear STOLEN!!

Post by Diver_C »

Hi! Ryan (RSdancey), and Delaina (BbbleMkr) Dancey recently moved back to the Puget Sound region from Georgia, found a place to live with storage, and then promptly had their storage robbed!! They lost quite a bit of scuba gear, so please keep an eye out for anyone selling/bartering/whatever Halcyon and Salvo lights, two sets of ScubaPro regs, two Suunto dive computers, a 40 cf tank of oxygen, two argon bottles, and two cameras with watertight boxes. I'm sure Ryan will chime on with a more complete and detailed list.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Re: Dive Gear STOLEN!!

Post by Jeff Pack »

that's abit broad in descriptions, some more specifics on the gear would help.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
RSdancey
Avid Diver

Post by RSdancey »

Bad day at the gear rack. :(

Regulator Scubapro Mk25/ G250 stage G250 info: P/N 11.264.000 S/N 0400200448 DIN connector, 22" second stage hose, SPG on 24" hose, 24" drysuit hose, 24" BCD hose, 7ft second stage hose, Vytec Wireless Transmitter
(* Note: second stage on 7ft hose is in a Mk48 Supermask "Pod")

Regulator Scubapro Mk25/ G250 2nd stage DIN connector, no hoses

Regulator Oceanic DX3 / no 1st or 2nd stages DIN connector, SPG on 24" hose, 24" drysuit hose, 24" BCD hose

Regulator Acqualung Legend / 1st and 2nd stage Yoke connector, 22" second stage hose, 7ft second stage hose, SPG on 24" hose, 24" drysuit hose, 24" BDC hose

Regulator Acqualung Titan / 1st and 2nd stage Yoke connectror, 3ft second stage hose, 5 ft second stage hose, Aeris console on 24" hose, 24" drysuit hose, 24" BCD hose

Regulator DiveRite / no second stages DIN connector, 24" drysuit hose

Regulator APEX FSR / ATX200 2nd stage DIN connector, 3ft second stage hose

Halcyon 21 watt HiD Explorer 9
Salvo 10 watt HiD Explorer 4.5

Tank Aluminum 40cf N/A Stage Bottle Kit, labelled "OXYGEN 20"

Dive Computer Suunto Vytec s/n: 435625
Dive Computer Suunto Wireless Transmitter (in box)
Dive Computer Suunto Vyper

Gauge Suunto Compass Model SK7 (Suunto wrist strap)
Gauge Suunto Compass Model SK7 (Parachute cord strap)

Camera Bonica Snapper XP with Pelican case (Yellow)
Camera Bonica Snapper XP with Pelican case (Yellow)
Clay
Avid Diver

Post by Clay »

Oh man! Sorry to hear, I'll pass the word down in south sound. Where was it stolen from? Any more details on the theft?
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

Man that sucks!!! I hope you get your gear back. I will keep an eye on Craigslist down here.
DFessler
Avid Diver

Post by DFessler »

Having rescued gear recently, what really helped is I had the Police Case # and the contact phone. If they walk into a shop we don't have time to try to pull up Craigslist or nw diveclub. If possible post those things.
David Fessler
PADI Master Instructor

"Live Life One Foot At A Time"
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

DFessler wrote:Having rescued gear recently, what really helped is I had the Police Case # and the contact phone. If they walk into a shop we don't have time to try to pull up Craigslist or nw diveclub. If possible post those things.
I second that notion. This is a felony level theft, so if you haven't already had the police out to photo the scene and try for prints, I'd recommend you do so ASAP.
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
RSdancey
Avid Diver

Post by RSdancey »

My storage unit is inside the parking garage of my apartment complex. The parking garage is secured with key-card entry. The storage units are inside an interior space that requires and old-fashioned metal key to open. The storage unit itself was secured with a padlock.

Around 19:00 on Wednesday I entered my unit and got some gear I wanted to work on. Around 9:00 on Thursday I opened the (locked) door to the storage unit room to return that gear to my locker. Almost immediately I noticed that the door to my unit was slightly ajar and I had the sinking feeling I'd somehow failed to lock it the night before. I opened the door and knew immediately a lot of stuff was missing. But before I could beat myself up too badly I noticed that the sliding bar on the door had been bent into a 90-degree angle; the thieves had literally destroyed the locking mechanism to force the door open. So "not my fault".

They took just the most expensive diving gear. They left some high-end stereo equipment, some tools, and two sets of doubles and a steel single plus a backplate & wing. They stole one of my gear bags - but there were two identical bags and they didn't take both, or take the miscellaneous stuff like gloves, hoods, masks, etc. The volume of stuff taken was quite large so I assume it was likely just one person and a vehicle. Considering the racket they must have made busting that door open I'm sure they were worried someone would hear them and come to investigate.

My cell is 206-550-8877. The case number with the Renton police is 13-4965. I can also be reached by email at rsdancey@gmail.com.

The regulators are in kind of a strange configuration. The Mk25 Scubapros are usually my doubles setup. However I was having a problem with the Oceanic and so I converted one of the Mk25s to a singles reg to dive last weekend. As a result one of the Mk25s has no hoses on it, the Oceanic has a bunch of open ports, and the other Mk25 has 2 secondaries. One of the secondaries, on the 7ft hose, is connected to the detachable "pod" for my KirbyMorgan Supermask. It looks like a normal G250 secondary with a large black plastic module connected to it.

Thanks to anyone who can help recover this gear!

RyanD
Paladin4Christ
Aquaphile

Post by Paladin4Christ »

I'll keep an eye on craigslist up north of Seattle.

I hope these jerks get caught!