Migrating to PNW from Hawaii...

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Migrating to PNW from Hawaii...

Post by fishb0y »

Hi there...

While most of my gear will be leaving on May 25, I won't be getting to the PNW untill mid June. Funny thing is that my dry-suit delivery date is the same day.

I've been diving for over 12 years now, getting my instructor card about 7 years ago (although I no longer teach). While I was certified in Maine (drysuit since my first OW dives), I've been away from cold water ever since I joined the Navy.

I've got my Adv Nitrox & deco procedures certs (with a heavy DIR influence)... but I recently started collecting and diving vintage double hose regulators. Hopefully I'll still be able to dive those regs.

Looking forward to meeting everyone when I get there...

Steve
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Welcome Steve! :supz:
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

You'll find no shortage of dive buddies here Steve. Looking forward to diving with you.

-Valerie
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Stay in Hawaii!!! This water is dark and cold!!! :pale:

Glad you found us - welcome overboard. :partyman:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Howdy Steve ...

About time you joined us ... looking forward to finally meeting you.

Unfortunately, I'll be "dry" for a couple weeks after you get here ... but as soon as I'm able, I'd like to hook up with ya for a dive.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Welcome Steve! Double hose regulators?... I'm going to have to look this one up. :book:
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

yes, welcome steve. you found the spot for finding dive buddys.
later!

jeff
:supz:
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Well, Steve, my husband would be delighted to do some double-hose dives . . . He's got a Mistral and a DA he'd love to get a chance to use.

If you feel like doing some more DIR-flavored diving, I'd be happy to come along.

So you see the two of us cover all your diving needs . . . :)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Well- welcome in advance to the greater puget sound area! I love diving here. Really, I do. :supz: I fully intend to try warm water diving someday, but I'm in no hurry- this place is great. Please let me know when you're situated- I have adv. eanx and deco training too, and would love to do some dives when you get here!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Post by fishb0y »

Thanks for the warm welcome... You'll definitely hear more out of me when I get up there.
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

Hey Steve, I will be in Oahu on the 24th. Maybe we can link up and have a beer. I will get you primed on local diving.

Marc
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Post by fishb0y »

Drop me a line when you get here... I can't promise anything though... the movers show up on that day.