Anyone know whats up with Diving Concepts?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Re: Anyone know whats up with Diving Concepts?

Post by ArcticDiver »

Wonder what this does to the value of my DC Z-Flex Cordura suit that is sitting in a Rubbermaid container in my garage?
The only box you have to think outside of is the one you build around yourself.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

ArcticDiver wrote:Wonder what this does to the value of my DC Z-Flex Cordura suit that is sitting in a Rubbermaid container in my garage?
'Tis a rare and priceless heirloom now!
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

CaptnJack wrote:
ArcticDiver wrote:Wonder what this does to the value of my DC Z-Flex Cordura suit that is sitting in a Rubbermaid container in my garage?
'Tis a rare and priceless heirloom now!
Rare is fine. That should drive up the price if I'm forced to part with the treasure.
The only box you have to think outside of is the one you build around yourself.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Their dryglove system is what's going to be sorely missed. I wish I had bought a dozen sets before this- hopefully, someone picks up the patent and starts making them again.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
camerone
Submariner

Post by camerone »

I don't think it was actually their glove system. Weren't they actually made by Skaana and just resold by DC, or was that the other way around?

No question in my mind that they are the best ring setup out there, regardless.
There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots...
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

camerone wrote:I don't think it was actually their glove system. Weren't they actually made by Skaana and just resold by DC, or was that the other way around?

That's a good question. All I know for sure is that nobody can lay their hands on a pair right now.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Joshua Smith wrote:
camerone wrote:I don't think it was actually their glove system. Weren't they actually made by Skaana and just resold by DC, or was that the other way around?

That's a good question. All I know for sure is that nobody can lay their hands on a pair right now.
Sadly from what I can tell on their website Skaana is simply a middle man. http://www.skaana.com
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

Joshua Smith wrote:

I know Silent World had a few sets... run
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

KneeDeep wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:

I know Silent World had a few sets... run
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered a new drysuit, and I *really* want to put DC rings on it.

Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

I am late to the thread. I just got news about DC from Waynne when we tried to get DC gloves for Jen. (I have a set, bought at Waynne's recommendation, and love them.)

But then I started thinking... if the o-ring in the system is not a standard size, you'd be in a pickle if you needed a replacement. I wonder if it is a standard?
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Matt S. wrote:I am late to the thread. I just got news about DC from Waynne when we tried to get DC gloves for Jen. (I have a set, bought at Waynne's recommendation, and love them.)

But then I started thinking... if the o-ring in the system is not a standard size, you'd be in a pickle if you needed a replacement. I wonder if it is a standard?
I've got a few spares Matt. when Jen picks up her new suit I'll make sure you get a pair.... remind me though!
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

Sweet, thanks Waynne!
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Matt S. wrote:Sweet, thanks Waynne!
my pleasure brother.... wish I'da known you were looking for o ring man... Jen woulda come home with a load of em'. if youve not bought them yet let me know what you need.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Waynne Fowler wrote:
Matt S. wrote:I am late to the thread. I just got news about DC from Waynne when we tried to get DC gloves for Jen. (I have a set, bought at Waynne's recommendation, and love them.)

I've got a few spares Matt. when Jen picks up her new suit I'll make sure you get a pair.... remind me though!
You could always check Omni Packing and Seal Compan in Seattle. I got my DC O rings there for my spare DC gloves last year. Although, they mentioned, that they may not carry them anymore.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

Waynne Fowler wrote:my pleasure brother.... wish I'da known you were looking for o ring man... Jen woulda come home with a load of em'. if youve not bought them yet let me know what you need.
Didn't even know I needed them until I was doing gear maintenance this weekend, and wanted instant gratification. :)
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

Matt S. wrote:But then I started thinking... if the o-ring in the system is not a standard size, you'd be in a pickle if you needed a replacement. I wonder if it is a standard?
Hi Matt,

The Diving Concepts Dry Glove O-rings are standard sizes and are readily available. I get them in packs of 25, so have lots of extras. :) Feel free to send me an email or PM if you need O-rings.

Good Luck,
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

Thanks for the info, Scott, that's good to know. I'll hit up Waynne since we'll be back in his shop soon anyway but it's good to have a backup too!