Thursday Dive (ThThTh) - 5/23/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Thursday Dive (ThThTh) - 5/23/13

Post by Scubie Doo »

Alright, Keith (aka Bassman) is in recovery, Jeff (aka Pogiguy) is taking care of family obligations. Therefore, I will kick off the Thursday dive thread. This week let's hit Redondo for (2) scheduled dives. The past week, viz has been good at Redondo and there has been a host of Lumpies, Little Red Octos, Shaggy Mouse Nudi, and the cool little wolfie in the tire.

Dive 1, meet at 4:30pm - Splash at 5:00pm
Proposed dive plan (depending on skill levels and comfort of course) - Down the main rope to the carousel boat, south the the bottle field, then back up to the large pipe, and home. We will be hitting a high tide at that point, so the carousel boat will be at approx 90'+ at that time.

Dive 2, Splash around 7:00pm
Proposed dive plan - Over to the large pipe, then north to VW bug (or what is left of it), west to small rubble pile, near eel grass, and home. Max depth on this dive should be in 60' range.

As always, this is an open invitation. Look forward to seeing folks out there.
ejrauschl
Avid Diver

Re: Thursday Dive (ThThTh) - 5/23/13

Post by ejrauschl »

You forgot to mention beers at Salty's dude :partyman:

See ya at 4:30 Jesse
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

It's been since last Oct that I dove this with the South Sound crew, time to do it again. I can't make #1, but will see you all for #2
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
jeffgerritsen
Dive-aholic

Post by jeffgerritsen »

I'd like to join in on both dives. Having never meet, where do you folks usually gear up and vehicle descriptions would be much appricated.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

jeffgerritsen wrote:I'd like to join in on both dives. Having never meet, where do you folks usually gear up and vehicle descriptions would be much appricated.
At redondo there are two choices. If your lucky you can get on street parking that is free. OR there is the paid parking lot and I would say that at this time of year YES pay for parking. Winter time it is not patrolled but when they have someone there they do give out tickets. ($20) It cost up to $8 for all day and down from there. I usually pay for the all day and pass it on to someone else as I leave. Dont tell the city though probably not suppose to. :penelope: I will let those who are coming try to describe what they look like.... :eek: :rofl:
Jeff Castor
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

ejrauschl wrote:You forgot to mention beers at Salty's dude :partyman:

See ya at 4:30 Jesse
Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder :) See you Thursday.
Last edited by Scubie Doo on Tue May 21, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

KneeDeep wrote:It's been since last Oct that I dove this with the South Sound crew, time to do it again. I can't make #1, but will see you all for #2
Cool, see you there!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

jeffgerritsen wrote:I'd like to join in on both dives. Having never meet, where do you folks usually gear up and vehicle descriptions would be much appricated.
I will be in the paid lot, near the hoses (to rinse my gear afterward). I agree with Jeff, you should definitely pay. I am not sure which vehicle I am going to take yet. I will be in either a dark blue Ford Flex or a Blue Jeep Wrangler. See you Thursday.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

:pirate:
Last edited by pogiguy05 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Castor
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

pogiguy05 wrote::boucegreen: :bounceline: :boucegreen: T minus 1 month to Bonaire
Shut up, thread Jacker! No one cares about Bonaire right now.

BTW Jeff, I wanted to try to follow suit with the MMM and WWW weekly dives. What do you think about ThThTh (The Thursday Thrusters)? I know, people may get the wrong idea but their isn't a lot of options with Th :)
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

pogiguy05 wrote::boucegreen: :bounceline: :boucegreen: T minus 1 month to Bonaire
What Scubie said :lalala:
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

Shooting for the 4:30 w/ 5 splash... Ifn's folks'll have me... 90+ would be my deepest dive, but only by 10ft ish... so hope that's ok and beg rookie patience...

Hope to catch you...

There's a hose?
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

Scubie Doo wrote:

BTW Jeff, I wanted to try to follow suit with the MMM and WWW weekly dives. What do you think about ThThTh (The Thursday Thrusters)? I know, people may get the wrong idea but their isn't a lot of options with Th :)
It is better then Thursday Throbbing Thrusters.... just saying.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

olalladiver wrote:Shooting for the 4:30 w/ 5 splash... Ifn's folks'll have me... 90+ would be my deepest dive, but only by 10ft ish... so hope that's ok and beg rookie patience...

Hope to catch you...

There's a hose?
I have no problem modifying the dive plan to fit your comfort level. We will discuss before we splash :)

Right now the hose is disconnected, but there is a spigot to fill your rinse tub or you can rinse your gear under it. Either way, it's good stuff.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Make sure you take it upon yourself to check olalladiver's SPG and immediately perform a green water emergency ascent around 1000 psi. Joke about this as you kick back to shore. Then ask him if he noticed your back-kicking skills.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

I can't make it. I've been missing Thursday diving for the last couple weeks because of my trip to the Utah national parks. But hope to see you all next week.

Have fun!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Jeremy wrote:Make sure you take it upon yourself to check olalladiver's SPG and immediately perform a green water emergency ascent around 1000 psi. Joke about this as you kick back to shore. Then ask him if he noticed your back-kicking skills.
Where is the emoticon that shows nervous laughter???
ejrauschl
Avid Diver

Post by ejrauschl »

Scubie Doo wrote:

Thirsty Thursday Thrusters? Why do all my post relate to drinking? What does thrusting have to do with diving?
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

ejrauschl wrote:
Scubie Doo wrote:

Thirsty Thursday Thrusters? Why do all my post relate to drinking? What does thrusting have to do with diving?
Ummmm, because you like drinking???

I was thinking about thrusting through the water with fins or scooter. But I should have known it would lead us down the tubes :)
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I miss one lousy month. One month. Bassman is gone less. The whole thing gets renamed and everyone is drunk and thrusting and throbbing and back kicking and... :tomnic:

Like Jeff said, less than one month to Bonaire! :supz:

:)
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Tom, we definitely need you, Keith, and Eric back to help stabilize the ThThTh dives :) Soooooo, are you in tomorrow?
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sigh...

It doesn't look like it. Getting ready for a week in Orlando then I will squeeze in as many cold water dives as I can when I get back to get me ready for two weeks in Bonaire.

And speaking of which, we are still pissed off at you for ditching us for some lame family/ father son bonding or whatever the heck you are doing. Shoot, with hillbilly moonshine Matt, crazy lumpia Jeff, and dog butt shock collar Bassman and the not so righteous rev going we could have had official ThThTh diving for a week in Bonaire, PLUS our own house reef. If we didn't all get arrested, that is.

Sigh...
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

THursday's Thermic THesbians

Thermic defined as :

adj. - Relating to or associated with heat

Thesbians defined as:

n. - A theatrical performer
adj. - Of or relating to drama

So it would loosely translate to Thursday's Heated Drama..... :popcorn:
Jeff Castor
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Tom Nic wrote:Sigh...

It doesn't look like it. Getting ready for a week in Orlando then I will squeeze in as many cold water dives as I can when I get back to get me ready for two weeks in Bonaire.

And speaking of which, we are still pissed off at you for ditching us for some lame family/ father son bonding or whatever the heck you are doing. Shoot, with hillbilly moonshine Matt, crazy lumpia Jeff, and dog butt shock collar Bassman and the not so righteous rev going we could have had official ThThTh diving for a week in Bonaire, PLUS our own house reef. If we didn't all get arrested, that is.

Sigh...
Believe me, I am bummed. One week later and I could've made it. Last year going in June cost me... Water under the bridge... Let it go... Take a deep breath... But looking back, the surface swim at salt pier, in complete darkness, for your 500th dive. Made it all worth it! You guys are going to have a blast. Jeff and Matt are in for a treat.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

pogiguy05 wrote:THursday's Thermic THesbians

Thermic defined as :

adj. - Relating to or associated with heat

Thesbians defined as:

n. - A theatrical performer
adj. - Of or relating to drama

So it would loosely translate to Thursday's Heated Drama..... :popcorn:
Ummm Jeff, I don't want the MMM and WWW to come to our dive and kick our asses.