Anyone have a singles rig I could borrow?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Anyone have a singles rig I could borrow?

Post by Joshua Smith »

My Cousin's kid (first cousin?) is coming to visit July 2-6. He's recently certified, and just graduated high school. He's also really excited to dive here, and I can't wait to take him out. He has mask, fins, booties, etc. I can probably cobble together a reg set for him out of my stable, but what I really need is a BP/W. Tanks would be cool, too, but I can always rent those. I can repay the favor with beer, money, or agreeing to ignore you being a jerk on this site for some agreed upon number of posts.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Re: Anyone have a singles rig I could borrow?

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I've got everything you need. Although I suspect someone a little closer will chime in shortly. You're welcome to it.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

My gear is sitting idle too. You should come have a beer at my new place and check out the view regardless.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

I'd totally offer mine up if it weren't already on loan =/
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

You can use one of mine. You'll have to go pick it up though. Its in the NE part of SE Oregon, in the same storage unit as the aspic mold I got from you for Xmas...
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Mine's available, too, if you need it.
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

I don't have a BP/W but I do have a good working BCD that you are welcome to use in a pinch.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

I'm interested in option 3
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

Looks like there are ton of offers, but ping me if July 2nd comes around and you still need kit :) How many tanks?
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

You can use my rig, and tanks too. I'll be out of town and won't be needing them until after the 7th.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Josh, l have few spare single tank halcyon bp/wing kits (with cinch) and spare halcyon single setup regs (long hose setup) and spare HP100 tanks and weights and bottom timers/computers and they are all yours if you need it. And for however long you need it.

if you need LED canisters or HID, I have some of those spare you could use too.

You are also welcome to reconfigure the regs to regular setup too if you need be, no problem.

either way anything you need, I'm confident the community can provide :)

I can meet anywhere in seattle area anytime you are around.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Looks like you're covered, Josh ... but if you need anything let me know ... I've got spare everything ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Thank you all for the kind and generous offers! You're a swell bunch. Looks like we're covered. Now, if someone could provide us with good viz, some GPOs, and maybe a six gill, if that's not too much to ask for.....
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
don
Aquaphile

Post by don »

Bring him to dive off my boat Friday 7/5. Pay his seat, you can take a crew seat, he can use my BPW and I'll provide tanks.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

wow... no shortage of kit's for you to use...

as everyone above has done, I'll throw my kit in the kitty with the whole kit-n-caboodle. If ya need it, it's yours to use.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy