Diver Death at Redondo

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Splendid Isolation
Just Settling In

Re: Diver Death at Redondo

Post by Splendid Isolation »

Stanza IV
It is eight seasons since double eagles flew over salt river.
At salt river, Coyote greeted his friends; dog fish and devil fish and lumpy fish and star fish and striped fish; crab and curled crawler. Salt River gave Coyote peace.

Double eagles parted above salt river; coyote went to sleep. He dreamed of loved ones; he was husband and father and brother and uncle and relative. He was giver of good medicine and he was healer.

Coyote awoke as Brave Eagle Who Flies High. It was the wish of creator.

Many mountains away, coyote's brothers sing.

Karl I miss you.

Splendid Isolation
jaytrigg27
Avid Diver

Post by jaytrigg27 »

To all who responded to this emergency you are heroes! To all close to Karl, I am deeply sorry for you loss, you are in my prayers.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Wow...I can't believe that was a year ago. Had just pulled out of the parking lot when it went down. Thank you for posting this Splendid Isolation. It touches all our hearts.
straitscuba
Aquaphile

Post by straitscuba »

This whole thread was a good read. Nicely done story by KIRO. Thanks for sharing.
Splendid Isolation
Just Settling In

Gdog wrote:Wow...I can't believe that was a year ago. Had just pulled out of the parking lot when it went down. Thank you for posting this Splendid Isolation. It touches all our hearts.
Actually, two years ago. Time does fly, and time does heal, but it still haunts.

Splendid Isolation
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

I think of that day every time I gear up.

"alms for a poor diver."
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"It was awesome until the point where Bono endorsed it." Fishstiq

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat
Splendid Isolation
Just Settling In

What days/afternoons/evenings can you dive? I need to get into the water.

Splendid Isolation seeking alms.....
BillyD
Frequent Bubbler

Post by BillyD »

Man what a trajety, it is wild when things like this can just materalize so quickly. Much respect to all those involoved in the rescue, it is good to know that this community has such strong morals and personal responsiblity. Condolences to his family and friends.
Plan the dive, dive the plan. Unless you see something really cool...
Splendid Isolation
Just Settling In

It was three years ago today that my bro Carl passed to the spirit world while diving with me at Redondo.

I think of him often.

Here is a link to a video on Carl by Kiro 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvbJCqpmB2g

Splendid Isolation
Last edited by Splendid Isolation on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Thank you Splendid Isolation. It's a great thing that you honor him as you do. Personally I appreciate that you drop in here and bump the thread, it keeps me remembering how he (and you) have enriched our local diving community.

Thank you again.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Splendid Isolation
Just Settling In

Four years ago today, I lost a great friend in this diving accident. I was with him during his final moments. He was like a brother to me, and I miss him. Always remember our loved ones.

Thank you to all the divers, citizens, and firemen who helped out at the time.

Splendid Isolation
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Deleted. All of it deleted!!
D
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

God bless you and yours, thanks for honoring his memory.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

This tragic event has certainly touched many, but this thread should not be used as a memorial. Some people on this board are directly connected to the search and recovery portion of this event and having this thread remind them about that day annually, is not ideal.
So we have chosen to lock this thread and allow it to remain in the memories of NWDC and still be there for those who seek to search for it.
Our thoughts will always go out to the family and friends affected by this loss of life.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**