I'm the new guy

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
skagital
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

I'm the new guy

Post by skagital »

So I got PADI OW certified back in 2006 at Watercolors dive shop Boracay Island Philippines, and continued on with various PADI rec dive training up to master diver here in the Puget Sound area. Most of my dive buddies live either in Whatcom, Snoho, King county and beyond, no neighborhood Skagitonians on the list... YET. Most of my dives are normally beach dive, been a couple of years since I did a local charter. I would like to learn of our dive sites around the Skagit Valley/Fidalgo Island area along with divers in the area. I would like to get out diving once a month if not more depending on schedules.
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Re: I'm the new guy

Post by olalladiver »

Welcome to the board... I'm further south, but always good to have dive buddies scattered all over the place so one can dive anytime/anywhere...
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I would assume you are familiar with places like Urchin Rocks and Skyline Wall? Skyline's an extraordinary dive, although one that has to be treated with a good deal of respect.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

I'm in Skagit County. Mount Vernon, to be specific. I can't dive yet for a few weeks, but if you want to, some other "northenders" dive every Wednesday in Edmonds or Mukilteo. It would be awesome to carpool once in a while! I don't know anyone else who is in Skagit that dives.

Welcome to the board!